RDS: Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

If you've ever watched TSN-Habs you'll know Gagnon is a massive idiot.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So will Gagnon replace Renaud's role as THE insider?

If so, people that didn't like Renaud are in for a rude awakening: more full of himself and way less connected.

Not a fan.

Last edited:

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I can't stand that damn sens fan. He doesn't like the Habs and he hates PK, he was the one always comparing him to Del Zotto when they were negociating at the beginning of last season.

His damn "simonac" all over the place.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I don't understand why people who hate the habs like Gagnon work on their coverage. It's just annoying as a fan, of course unbiased analysis are important in a network, but I feel like you can not like the habs and still be neutral. I mean Michel Bergeron isn't the most knowledgeable person and he probably doesn't really like the habs, but he doesn't constantly bash them like Gagnon, + he's entertaining.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Good stuff. Gagnon is terrible at writing. Lots of factual errors, terrible style, constant string of commonplaces. Since I almost never visit RDS.ca, I won't stumble upon his trash articles or blog posts.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Gagnon as an Insider doesn't quite make any sense. I think he's just your regular run down the mill writer that got hired by rds, there's nothing new with this practice. Whether he writes exclusively on rds or not makes no difference, other than having someone else take the spot in La Presse.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd really like to see Mathieu Darche as the resident insider...
I mean, it WOULD make lots of sense, no?

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I don't understand why people who hate the habs like Gagnon work on their coverage. It's just annoying as a fan, of course unbiased analysis are important in a network, but I feel like you can not like the habs and still be neutral. I mean Michel Bergeron isn't the most knowledgeable person and he probably doesn't really like the habs, but he doesn't constantly bash them like Gagnon, + he's entertaining.

Sometimes I wonder if P.K. slept with Gagnon gf or PJ Stock's gf.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Whatever. Honestly, Gagnon is merely...tolerable but at end of the day RDS is a joke. Lavoie made a terribad career choice but I hope RDS burns or is forced to adapt.

When RDS hires guys who played hockey, who have no agenda and are relevant within the last decade I'll be happy.

CreamOfTheCrop

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal
How many of you are blocked by Francois Gagnon on Twitter.
How many ppl bashed him by tweets ?

I can admit that Marinaro blocked me
Should I care.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
I hope CBC revamps their panel since I can't listen to Stock. Everything is always negative when it comes to the Habs

Problem with Stock is that it doesn't matter if you watch Hockey in english or in french, he's always there! :cry:

Plus if you have an Antichambre episode with Gagnon and Stock, even if the Habs won 7-1 against a powerhouse team with no injuries, they're bad/lucky/don't have particularily good hygiene. :laugh:

Add to that the Baron and Gaston Yress... :help:

Is it just me or is there just a massive lack of knowledgeable, skilled, young journalists willing to work for RDS or CBC? Or are they just tossed aside in benefit of the old guard? I can't, for the life of me, believe that there are no young, talented, massive fans of the game that could liven up the sports media world, either in french or in english...

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Problem with Stock is that it doesn't matter if you watch Hockey in english or in french, he's always there! :cry:

Plus if you have an Antichambre episode with Gagnon and Stock, even if the Habs won 7-1 against a powerhouse team with no injuries, they're bad/lucky/don't have particularily good hygiene. :laugh:

Is it just me or is there just a massive lack of knowledgeable, skilled, young journalists willing to work for RDS or CBC? Or are they just tossed aside in benefit of the old guard? I can't, for the life of me, believe that there are no young, talented, massive fans of the game that could liven up the sports media world, either in french or in english...

That guy is so bad, I mean he should'nt be allowed to talk one word about hockey, the others clowns brings arguments, he just bring crap.

We have to remember that hockey is an entertainment and the ''journalists'' are part of the show. I mean it seems they follow a wrestling kind of pattern with heels and faces guys. The again peoples want to be entertained, so they go with the guys that bring reactions, good or bad and makes peoples talk about the show, not some good rational thinking. They also have alot of old players (something that the crowd seem to like, because of credibility and some nice stories it bring), but thoses guys aren't always good evaluators, scouts or managers and sometimes they says very emotionals things. Also, some guys that were in a official managing role in hockey are sometimes too out of touch of the reality of today's NHL that they doesn't bring that much. Also, every of theses guys have to follow the line created by the channel. That pretty much sums up why it such a bad level of journalism.

Then again it's about an entertainment, I'm much more frustated when I see uniformed, biased journalism talking about social issues, politics and finance.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Freidman on CBC is excellent. Lavoie was good for RDS as well. Other guys are just no longer relevant. Kevin Weeks? Gaston Therrien? Da fuq is going on here.

Where's guys who played/coached in this era?

That's why TSN is the best. Relevant insiders, Players eliminated from playoffs, Recent coaches, etc...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
That guy is so bad, I mean he should'nt be allowed to talk one word about hockey, the others clowns brings arguments, he just bring crap.

We have to remember that hockey is an entertainment and the ''journalists'' are part of the show. I mean it seems they follow a wrestling kind of pattern with heels and faces guys. The again peoples want to be entertained, so they go with the guys that bring reactions, good or bad and makes peoples talk about the show, not some good rational thinking. They also have alot of old players (something that the crowd seem to like, because of credibility and some nice stories it bring), but thoses guys aren't always good evaluators, scouts or managers and sometimes they says very emotionals things. Also, some guys that were in a official managing role in hockey are sometimes too out of touch of the reality of today's NHL that they doesn't bring that much. Also, every of theses guys have to follow the line created by the channel. That pretty much sums up why it such a bad level of journalism.

Then again it's about an entertainement, I'm much more frustated when I see uniformed, biased journalism talking about social issues, politics and finance.

It's okay to have some stories, entertainment and so on but these guys are out of touch. It's a jokers club. No professionalism at all.

RDS is not accountable because they don't need to be. There's no competition. If they ever lose the habs broadcasting rights they are finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad