RDS: Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

68*

Hahahahaha I was looking for that Karim trolling video. Thanks! Hilarious stuff.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
I think TVA Sport ownership offer him 1rst class+huge money+maybe his own show. TVA Sport can't create their own star

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don't see much "Lavoie hate" on here but rather, some criticism about his personality rubbing people the wrong way. I can only speak for myself here but I don't "hate" Lavoie. I just think he feels he's bigger than he really is. What he is (with his connections) was created by his work place (RDS) and when introduced as an "expert", I feel like he started to believe it too much. His comments, the way he was talking in the last couple of years, his demeanor had changed to some borderline arrogance and his opinions came across as ultimate truth, or he was trying to make you believe it.

I for one feel like it's a mistake for him to jump ship and as long as RDS broadcasts the Habs' games, they will hold the true insiders' information. RDS will create a new insider next year... watch.

Also, Chantal Machabee is much easier on the eye. :)

Yea but here everybody is rubbing the fans the wrong way somehow. I thought Renault would be shielded from this but no there has to be something wrong somehow. Some posters just enjoying the hate and throwing crap at people. There has to more than life than this pitty jealousy.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
This guy?

No thank, I'll pass.

Lemay was the best radio guy for years before leaving. Should have been on television a long time ago. RDS hire clowns and guys that say the company line, that's why Lemay was never hired by them, other than doing a couple of show on L'Anti-Chambre.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
As someone who has never watched TVA and who rarely watches RDS outside of an actual game...who cares.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

LOL oh man, so brutal.

I remember one where Higgins kinda got mad at him. He said something like "Chris, you are 'aving a terrible season. Why do you tink dat is?"

Higgins was like...."Uhh, wow....I don't know if I would say I'm having a HORRIBLE season...."

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Lemay was the best radio guy for years before leaving. Should have been on television a long time ago. RDS hire clowns and guys that say the company line, that's why Lemay was never hired by them, other than doing a couple of show on L'Anti-Chambre.

Actually now that I remember he was kinda ok on L'Anti-Chambre yes. That doesn't make him a good insider though. That's some very different job :nod:

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lavoie seems like a nice guy, but as far as some people who are saying it is a huge loss for RDS...really?

If it is not Habs related, he just retweets things I get from Lebrun, McKenzie and others.

Hockey News had Lavoie in their top 100 influential insiders... well... considering there are 30 teams, and many with little local coverage.... that would make Lavoie a voice in the crowd.

Good for him, I hope he signed a long term big money contract. TVA Sport better get a team in QC or it will continue to be a lot of dead air.

Habstract

Feb 23, 2009
North Vancouver
Lavoie seems like a nice guy, but as far as some people who are saying it is a huge loss for RDS...really?

If it is not Habs related, he just retweets things I get from Lebrun, McKenzie and others.

Hockey News had Lavoie in their top 100 influential insiders... well... considering there are 30 teams, and many with little local coverage.... that would make Lavoie a voice in the crowd.

Good for him, I hope he signed a long term big money contract. TVA Sport better get a team in QC or it will continue to be a lot of dead air.

Well said Joe, well said.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Lavoie is a complete moron who has the biggest ego ever. I cancelled my subscription to TVA Sports as soon as I leaned the news. During the Coyotes saga, he didn't say one good thing about Quebec City and now he will work for Peladeau... He is only after the big bucks. :shakehead

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Lavoie is a complete moron who has the biggest ego ever. I cancelled my subscription to TVA Sports as soon as I leaned the news. During the Coyotes saga, he didn't say one good thing about Quebec City and now he will work for Peladeau... He is only after the big bucks. :shakehead

And you know why he had nothing good to report about QC? Because the Yotes weren't going to QC. Of course it wasn't what you wanted to hear but the fact remains that he was right.

He's connected. I don't know how it happened and honestly I don't care how it happened but he made something of himself.

Is it a good career move? I guess we'll find out just how much he depended on TSN.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country

Aren't you the guy who constantly trashes Phoenix & their fans on twitter? And then you went silent once the team stayed there?

It's fair to say (If you are that same troll) that your opinion is insanely biased and skewed.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Aren't you the guy who constantly trashes Phoenix & their fans on twitter? And then you went silent once the team stayed there?

It's fair to say (If you are that same troll) that your opinion is insanely biased and skewed.

All Merdiques fans are like that. Habfans have a short memory.

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
he was right.

He's connected. I don't know how it happened and honestly I don't care how it happened but he made something of himself.

Is it a good career move? I guess we'll find out just how much he depended on TSN.

I'll say, few years ago it was the connection he had with french players all around the league. This is what it makes him respected by his fellow english friends in Toronto and all around the league recently. I have no doubt that he is really well connected with the world of this league.

As you say, we will see if he can keep up bringing the info, real info, whithout his friends.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Actually now that I remember he was kinda ok on L'Anti-Chambre yes. That doesn't make him a good insider though. That's some very different job :nod:

Never said Lemay was an insider. I hope RDS doesn't hire him for that. :laugh:

Lemay's greatest strength was always radio, talking with people. He was respectful, a nice guy but compared to other young journalists of his age, who are mainly softies and intellectuals, he don't mind the rough stuff on the ice.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
And you know why he had nothing good to report about QC? Because the Yotes weren't going to QC. Of course it wasn't what you wanted to hear but the fact remains that he was right.

Exactly. He never gave the fans false hope like some other charlatans.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

You must not follow your Twitter feed very closely because this is completely false.

No one's going to suggest Lavoie is the best insider in hockey...but I would say he's certainly the best French-speaking insider in hockey. Major get for TVA, no question.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
@MartinLemay 21 h
Demain un nouveau chapitre! En plus d'être de retour avec la gang de #cted je commence à @RDSca demain! #sports30magazine 16h sur RDS info

Translation : New chapter for me. He'll be on RDS starting today.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Lavoie is a joke as an insider.

I can be an insider too if I retweet Bob MacKenzie or Darren Dreger, translating it in French.

The guy was full of dung. I am actually happy that I will not be seing his face in RDS anymore.

Good riddance.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
This must be a troll call man......come on....

OMG.... talk about being a moron... either that or the best troll ever, part 2 confirmed me he is a troll, not the best ever but a good one, came back with same argument about hainsey that zetterberg... lol

lol... Karim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad