RDS: Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Wow. That's just awful for RDS. Loses their main insider and at the same time, one of the few people bringing any semblance of professionalism to the network. Ouch.

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
Wow. That's just awful for RDS. Loses their main insider and at the same time, one of the few people bringing any semblance of professionalism to the network. Ouch.

I hope that it can only be good for everyone. Let us hope that RDS learns that they are a freaking joke and that they need to bring their game up.

It might just have been the reason for which Renaud left. Tired of the ******** childish broadcasting quality RDS perpetuates.

As far as I know, they can clean house at that station. Maybe keep Pierre around. That's about it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

It's all about appearance. This is a much more brutal move for Lavoie than it is a bad loss for RDS.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
It might just have been the reason for which Renaud left. Tired of the ******** childish broadcasting quality RDS perpetuates.

He went to TVA Sports :laugh: I doubt he cares about the quality of the broadcast.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Can't wait to see who RDS tries to promote as their ''informateur hockey'' now. Ugh.

EDIT: I could see LeBrun being on RDS a lot more to take over the role.

I'm a bit surprised that TVA added another ''insider'' since Pedneault already tries to be one. At some point though, TVA needs to deliver actual good pro sports content to be truly worth watching, not just stuff I can watch on Sportsnet.

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
TVA Sports is still new and they have a lot of work to do to improve the quality of their network. That said, bringing a guy like Lavoie can only help.

Huge loss for RDS.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
You all still watch RDS? I stopped watching when they posted an article about Pacioretty, where he was being insulted by the writer. The writer was saying it was about time he was sent down and a lot of other non sense. I can't remember who wrote the article but I do remember it being taken down shortly after.

It was posted on the website, but anything RDS I boycott

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
I hope that it can only be good for everyone. Let us hope that RDS learns that they are a freaking joke and that they need to bring their game up.

As far as I know, they can clean house at that station. Maybe keep Pierre around. That's about it.

He left for the $$$

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
What ? $$$

Their ratings are awful, really really bad. They don't compete with RDS at all in any way. His salary will be much better, that's for sure, but that's the only positive point.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
Meh, don't really care for RDS. They are a total joke. I haven't given TVA Sport much time, so don't really care much. Can't say I'm a fan of Lavoie. Sure, he knows the right dudes and can answer text messages, but I've always found him quite annoying.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

My hate for TVA Sport is growing every day... and this move won't help :(

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I can only assume that TVA sport spent a lot of money to attract him. He had (IMO) a nice gig at RDS. Maybe TVA offered first class accommodations when he travels to places lol. Anyways...RDS will need to replace him with someone that has real contacts.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
From where I'm from, that's called a lose-lose move.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Has to be about money. What else could there be? Less politics, maybe. Lighter work load, perhaps. Still, sucks for RDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad