RDS: Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
So RDS' solution was More Gagnon More all The Time? :biglaugh:

Good God. Funny thing is, the RDS guys said this and you could tell on their face they were not too happy with it. Has there been a more clueless boss than RDS' Jerry Frappier?

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
It's okay to have some stories, entertainment and so on but these guys are out of touch. It's a jokers club. No professionalism at all.

RDS is not accountable because they don't need to be. There's no competition. If they ever lose the habs broadcasting rights they are finished.

Good point, exactly, they are a complete country club, they're bad, no professionalism, but all this isn't a problem since they will get 800 000 - 1 million peoples watching the show each games.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
RDS could just snap a ticker to the bottom part of the screen with twitter feeds from guys at tsn and the Lavoie becomes completely irrelevant. Would cost a few minutes time of labor from an IT guy, and the news would come in a few minutes faster.
There you go......RORO-INFORMATEUR, without the smug face and slick hair.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Mario Tremblay can't remember the name of any players. Gagnon try to sound intellectual, while he never talks about anything really, cept' talk about Karlsson's hotness; it works for him, he saw there was a spot for analysts who can write texts (wich is very rare at RDS) and don't sound like a common place of Pejorative Slured Bergeron-Letigre.

He could be the "expert" i dislike the most.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He's my favorite french commentator.
Dont care if he cant remember names, he's dynamic, interresting and knowledgeable. Kinda the new Jacques Demers.

knowledgeable?
Usually Mario states the obvious...I learn more from Francois Gagnon who never played or coached in the NHL.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Damn, Gagnon is probably the one I hate the most everytime he's at L'Antichambre and I don't really like his articles on La Presse.

Can't believe we're definitely stuck with him now. How many Habs games TSN is going to show this year?

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Freidman on CBC is excellent. Lavoie was good for RDS as well. Other guys are just no longer relevant. Kevin Weeks? Gaston Therrien? Da fuq is going on here.

Where's guys who played/coached in this era?

That's why TSN is the best. Relevant insiders, Players eliminated from playoffs, Recent coaches, etc...

Weekes retired in 2009...

Also, not sure if this helps improve RDS :
@MattBarnaby3636 9 Sept
Just agreed to do RDS at the end of the month. In french. I better make sure all these words actually mean what I think.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I'm following 4 insiders on tweeter, and Renaud Lavoie is always the last to report a news. It's almost like if he was following the same insiders I follow, then rewrite their tweets. It's a loss for RDS nonetheless.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I was watching the TVA Sports show "Le Premier Trio" last night. It sucks again this year. Absolutly horrible how TVA Sports butchered their main show last year for this. It's three guys talking about absolutly nothing new, it's like they have zero material and a weak research team. Cannot believe Louis Jean left Sportsnet for this.

Whomever made all those changes at TVA Sports should be fired. Hopefully Lavoix coming in will change things.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
So RDS is Renaud Lavoie free, and now adds Pierre Lebrun to it's lineup on a permanent basis ?
You can score that a win.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Well Lavoie ends up a genius now. No?

Genius would have been if he predicted this before these discussion started. Otherwise it was a gamble, where he picked up a larger paycheck, and had a nice fall back position on the regular TVA network if it went down the tubes.

He is sitting looking pretty at the moment though, that is for sure.

I think he is alright. Nothing ever ground breaking gets reported first by him, but, he is in there, getting his nose dirty and working.

Much better than the "experts" on the RDS staff that never venture very far, or talk to anyone but their friends.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
lol poor Luc Gelinas... but it might be a good thing for him. It will give him time to learn proper english once and for all.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Don't know why everyone is so down on this. It's actually great news. As TVA will be the main carriour of NHL games in French, they needed to shor up some talent and get better broadcasters. Hope this continues and a few of my TSN favorites jump ship to Sportsnet, which will eventually happen.

Dreger can stay at TSN...

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Let's keep this talk confined to the existing thread about the NHL's new TV deal, where Lavoie's jump to TVA has also been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad