GDT: Remembrance Day 11/10 Bruins vs. NJ Devils 7pm ET NESN, 98.5

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Exactly why they should move Soderberg to the first line if Krejci isn't ready next game.

Lucic-Soderberg-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Fraser-Kelly-Griffith
Paille-Campbell-Gagne

Why haven't they tried this yet?

Well, I think it's because Loui and Soderberg have shown some chemistry.

That being said...it seems like Soderberg is being "punished" for finding chemistry with players and Chris "I have no chemistry with anyone" is being put on the first line because well...there's a spot available there. I feel like it makes sense if you look at it from a really weird perspective, but then reality sets in, and you realize Chris Kelly being up on that first line really isn't helping anything at all. Just when Looch was starting to heat up, he's left with a C who really hasn't shown much of anything...in years.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Smith has been playing well of late. It's good to see... kind of crazy to think he's only 23. With Griffith ( 21 ) and Pastrnak ( 18 ) knocking on the door, we've got some up and coming potential/talent at our wing positions.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
5 wins in a row, 1 of 5 teams now with double digit goal differential. Not too shabby!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game. Five in a row :handclap:Yeah I know easy teams but it is still good to see the B's find ways to win.

WOW !! Seth really stayed with the puck. What a highlight reel goal that was.:yo:

Tuukka had to earn his pay in the third.

The Bergy line is looking great.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Exactly why they should move Soderberg to the first line if Krejci isn't ready next game.

Lucic-Soderberg-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Fraser-Kelly-Griffith
Paille-Campbell-Gagne

Why haven't they tried this yet?

I'd like to see that. Make it so!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Dennis Dennis Dennis please just stop shooting the puck. If I had a dollar for every shot that isn't within a 5 meters radius of the net I'd be a rich man! On a serious note, he really, really needs to work on his accuracy it is below terrible.

B's were fantastic defensively at times tonight, really enjoyed the game, not many stoppages so was a quickie but all round I think the Bs played well, they'll need to step it up a notch over the next 2 games though, Toronto have definitely started playing better and the Habs....well, its them, we all know they find a way to compete with us.

One thing I did notice tonight, the Bs were being more physical than they have of late. Definitely finishing more checks and driving bodies into the boards.

Krug didn't look very good, Morrow made some small errors but he played well I really like him, more so than Trotman. Lets get this streak up to 7 before we meet the Canes.

ps. I think if you move Looch to skate with Carl and Loui, it would make the 'third' line useless with Kelly and 2 rookies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
thank god for the cake schedule since the chara injury.

definitely haven`t played the power houses of the league but I would wager there`d be plenty of teams out there whom after losing their #1 D-man and a top line center unable to produce the wins this team has and......

you can only play who the schedule makers give ya:)

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Can't wait for Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson to be reunited. They really miss that line's ability to grind down the other line which allows for our top two lines to creat opportunities.

Won't be surprised to see them reunited at times in the next 2 games.

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
Good game, good effort all around. A tad sloppy at times, but they scrambled when the occasion called for it.

Not thrilled with the third. 3 shots total, 2 of them coming late in the period. I'm convinced a period like that is more system and roster than mentality. We're defense centric and not fast. When other teams press our first instinct is to defend and we don't have the team wide speed to spring a guy when they over pinch. One begets the other and the opposing teams can keep the pressure on with little fear of a break-away or oddman rush. Another team with more offensive talent probably would have either got within one, or tied it without pulling the goalie with an 11-1 shot advantage. We've gotta take advantage of risky play more often in these situations. Our normal "offense from defense" isn't as successful with the other team pinching and forechecking. Even if we don't score on an oddman rush it makes coaches and players more apprehensive about putting on the pressure.

Would it be ideal to play in their end more often? Of course, but if they're not letting you do that by putting risky pressure in your end you have to devise another way to generate offense. That's my problem with Claude in games like these. The Devs totally changed the way they were playing and Claude just stuck with the system. Which is fine if the system can work but the players are just skittish about the execution of it. But when other team is preventing it from working, I wish had had a "Plan B". Unfortunately for him with out a marquee scorer who has to be watched constantly we don't have the roster makeup to put any fear into teams that are pressuring. "Bend but don't break" can't work every time against every team.

Tukka made it look as if we weren't doing as poorly with his excellent positional goaltending. 3 shots IIRC, were labeled if not for outstanding saves that he makes look easy.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Hockey Gods have finally been kind to us with the timing of the injuries and schedule. That being said, the Devils and Sens have given us fits in the past so while easier teams, even with a healthy team they can be tough to play. I just love the confidence the kids are getting playing without the Captain.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Not the best effort but I'll take the 2 points:)

The Jagr line really gave us huge problems but Rask was rock solid.

Really happy to see the kids playing well. Morrow had another solid game, Trottman also did great. Griffith was just wow

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Soda's minutes are higher because of his time on the powerplay.

But Soderberg also gets more even strength time. In no way is Lucic, Kelly, Griffith our first line. They don't play the most. They don't start games. They don't finish games. When Krejci's there it's a different story.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
BTW Montreal still has a negative goal differential. I am stunned at how a team can win 10 out of 15 games and yet allow more goals than they've scored.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Two pretty exciting games in a row... Smith is heating up...really underrated around here IMO... Really like how the team is stepping up...It's funny, but IMO Seidenberg has been the worst of the six defensemen, and that's a good think IMO..

Extremely proud of the young guys lately...Looking good.

A Healthy Kelly*

morrow had another great game imo. another guy that i had major reservations about along with griffith who has proven me wrong and i'm really happy about it.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
BTW Montreal still has a negative goal differential. I am stunned at how a team can win 10 out of 15 games and yet allow more goals than they've scored.

4 of those are shootout wins and one more is in overtime. They are barely treading water, as they usually do.

And there losses? 7-1, 3-0, 3-2 (OT), 6-2, 5-0. When they lose, they get crushed.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Two pretty exciting games in a row... Smith is heating up...really underrated around here IMO... Really like how the team is stepping up...It's funny, but IMO Seidenberg has been the worst of the six defensemen, and that's a good think IMO..

Extremely proud of the young guys lately...Looking good.

He can finish. The main reason why he's on Bergeron's line, great goal by him last night. What a rip!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad