GDT: Remembrance Day 11/10 Bruins vs. NJ Devils 7pm ET NESN, 98.5

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Again, great result. Not the prettiest game. Sound systematic hockey combined with a few offensive spurts. Can't ask for much more given the how shorthanded this team currently is.

Nice to see Bergeron line on the board again. Was only a matter of time.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not faulting him, the big body, skills, and reach make him what he is, or was.

But he's surviving on his reach now, b/c his legs are toast. Even when he was here, unfortunately.

I see your point.

But I still think you're underselling the guy. He's got a lethal, accurate shot along with that reach and knows how to position himself and where to go better than probably 80-90% of the players currently in the game.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Not faulting him, the big body, skills, and reach make him what he is, or was.

But he's surviving on his reach now, b/c his legs are toast. Even when he was here, unfortunately.

his stamina seems to have improved.
it seemed like he logged a lot of minutes tonight.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Keep the wins coming, it's going to be tough in TO and Montreal if we don't get Krejci back. Good game for the 4th line tonight, they had the legs going all night.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Last 15 min. of the 1st and last 5 min. of the 2nd combined with solid goaltending by Rask got the Bruins another 2pts.

With no Chara and now no Krejci, the team is finding ways to win.

Thank you to the posters who posted the video of Seth's highlight goal.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
After a hot start, Chris Kelly has 0 points in his last 7 games (7 SOG). Hasn't had the same jump. Hope Krejci gets healed up soon.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Still some messy parts to our game that need to be cleaned up but color me impressed - 5 wins in a row with no Chara or Krejci.

Didn't like the 2nd goal on Tuukka but he stood tall and bailed this team out in the 3rd when they took the foot off the gas completely.

Nice to see Smitty and Bergeron really starting to hit a stride. Guys are stepping up the way we need them to.

That Griffith goal stole the show though.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Glad to see our offense seems to have overcome its slump. Solid first period and second half of the second. Tuukka laid a couple eggs there in the beginning but more than made up for it - absolutely remarkable third period.

That being said, and I keep harping on this, we HAVE to commit to a 60 minute effort. Every game we have had at least period/20 minutes of being trapped in our zone and Tuukka bailing us out. And he's done a great job of it, obviously, but once we start playing the big boys that's not gonna fly.

But 5 in a row is nothing to complain about. This team has some serious talent. And we're missing our #1C and #1D. Not a lot of teams (if any) around the league could sustain such a great record with such big players missing. Boys should be proud of themselves for stepping up.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Me too. But, I don't want him playing hurt, either. He looked horrible.

Lucic looks frustrated on that line.

I would be too.

Looch finally came around and started playing well and now Krejci is out and he's got Chris Kelly (who is not playing well at all right now) and Seth Griffith (who I like...but isn't exactly the ideal choice for a first line on a good team). Whether people want to admit it or not, that first line is built around Krejci distributing the puck to power guys like Looch and when you take that skill away...the line is doomed.

If I didn't realize the shoes Chris Kelly was trying to fill I'd be a lot more pissed.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
After a hot start, Chris Kelly has 0 points in his last 7 games (7 SOG). Hasn't had the same jump. Hope Krejci gets healed up soon.

He may not hold back Soderberg line but he definitely doesn't contribute to a Lucic-Griffith line. They rely big time on the cycle and the puck dies on his stick, a few times tonight.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Uh.. to discuss how they would defend their zone in the waning moments of a game?

one would assume that, but they didn't seem to come out with much of a plan. they were still pinned in their zone, and NJ had already run with their plan but weren't getting anywhere. the clock was in their favor - it seems like letting it run out sooner was the smarter thing to do, unless they had a sure-fire strategy

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
He's a third line center that has no buisness on the first line.

Exactly why they should move Soderberg to the first line if Krejci isn't ready next game.

Lucic-Soderberg-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Fraser-Kelly-Griffith
Paille-Campbell-Gagne

Why haven't they tried this yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad