GDT: Remembrance Day 11/10 Bruins vs. NJ Devils 7pm ET NESN, 98.5

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Jagr might be old be he is very good at protecting the puck.

Not at all taking anything away from the Bruins' system.

But, it's absolutely nuts how average Jagr looked most nights in a Bruins uniform and how good he looks with the Devils two years older.

Just when you think you know hockey, a factoid like that pops up and puzzles you. Still a Jagr fan...and really happy to see him kicking ass well into his 40's.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
They're going to keep playing that Griffith goal because it was so embarrassing for the Devils.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just 4 on 4 -- they call both sides always it seems. Which doesn't make too much sense since it won't provide any incentive for the real embellishment to stop.

I think Embelishment should cancel out the other side's penty or it should be a double minor.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Take away Jagr's reach, his career would have been over years ago.

I guess.

I don't think he should be faulted for making tremendous use of his assets, however. You can put any other 40 whatever in the world out on the ice that has the same size and strength...but he still wouldn't look like Jagr. The guy is still an incredibly smart, effective hockey player...at least in the offensive end.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Seids did a nice job running the clock out.

This was a weird win-they looked good at some points and flat at others.

The Griffith goal was awesome. Bergy line and Yeti line looked good. Krug looks like he needs some games to get back into a rhythm. Morrow is looking pretty good.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I guess.

I don't think he should be faulted for making tremendous use of his assets, however. You can put any other 40 whatever in the world out on the ice that has the same size and strength...but he still wouldn't look like Jagr. The guy is still an incredibly smart, effective hockey player...at least in the offensive end.

Not faulting him, the big body, skills, and reach make him what he is, or was.

But he's surviving on his reach now, b/c his legs are toast. Even when he was here, unfortunately.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm really liking this stretch of games.

Not just because we're winning. Because CJ finally figured out we had many, many better options than Jordan Caron...because Tuukka is killing it...because we're finally getting a look at young players. And because, whoever was left saying "we can't win without Chara" is being proven horribly, horribly wrong.

People really need to look at what this team has accomplished in the last six or seven games. Who hasn't been busting their ass? Other than CJ doing one of his patented "Chris Kelly's got the #1 spot...no ongoing evaluation necessary" moves, I have had almost nothing to complain about in the past two weeks. And, that hasn't happened in a long, long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad