Remember? (Random Bruins Related Junk)

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Remembering some random Defensemen: Mats Thelin, Michael Thelven, Al "Wild Thing" Iafrate, Rick Zombo, Peter Popovic

Reactions: Strafer

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Remember the Johnny Rockets?

..Too soon?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

I think they picked up Plett on that waiver that always happened about 3 days before the season opener every year. I'll never forget the ovation he got on opening night because the feeling was that they needed more toughness.

The funny part about that was they already had: Neely, Byers, Miller, Crowder, Kluzak with Markwart (not a heavy, but definitely gritty and tough) and Blum as reserves. Gotta love 80's hockey....about 1,000 potential PIM's among 6 guys and they still felt they needed more.

:laugh:
And the occasional visit from Bruce Shoebottom. Also, dont forget Brian Curran. Reed Larson was tough, Geoff Courtnall was, Crowder, etc. We once had one of the toughest teams. I really like O'Dwyer centering Miller and LB.

Reactions: sarge88

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Some great & not so great memories here.... Dave Lewis' diaries was a hoot as was Tenkrat's sweater, the board played it for laughs then because the team was so awful :laugh:
I think the Dave Lewis thing was by "ACR". I wonder what happened to him? Funny guy.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Remember Bruce Shoebottom, who was popular mainly because of his name and he could fight.
I just saw this. I mentioned "Shoe" a while ago. I remember there was always a few shoes thrown on the ice after a fight. :laugh:

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Remember the Al Iafrate trade?

Remember Kyle McLaren?

Remember Nick Boynton?

Remember Jonathan Girard?
Juneau for Planet Al. Mclaren was a tough, scary dude. Laid out Zednick. Boynton, huge underbite, trying to cash in on the concussion thing. Girard was hurt in a car accident. I met him in person in Portland once. Good kid and didn't act like I was a jerk for telling him what he was doing wrong. He was sent down when they picked up Gord Murphy.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I remember ..
-Hazel Mae broke my heart before high school when we traded Thornton.
-Remember Stan Chistov and Petr Tenkrat? Dark times
-Hannu Toivonen
-Rob Simpson and his show

Lucky for me, I started following heavily after the lockout and it was pretty tough up until Chara and Savard

Reactions: Ladyfan

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I remember John Gruden's turnover vs the Crash Line

I remember loving the Roy-Stumpel-Wilson line

I remember wanting to see Neely and Tocchet on the same line (IIRC that never happened)

I remember Kvartalnov's rookie year. Thought he was the next Bure

I remember the sheer anger I had trading Tom Fergus, Mike Krushelnyski, Bill Ranford and Barry Pederson

I remember Willi Plett's one season here. Loved him.
Willie Plett was great. I remember him going toe-to-toe with Basil McRae. I also remember him beating the crap out of Ray Bourque when he was with the Flames.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad