Remember? (Random Bruins Related Junk)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I remember John Gruden's turnover vs the Crash Line

I remember loving the Roy-Stumpel-Wilson line

I remember wanting to see Neely and Tocchet on the same line (IIRC that never happened)

I remember Kvartalnov's rookie year. Thought he was the next Bure

I remember the sheer anger I had trading Tom Fergus, Mike Krushelnyski, Bill Ranford and Barry Pederson

I remember Willi Plett's one season here. Loved him.

I think they picked up Plett on that waiver that always happened about 3 days before the season opener every year. I'll never forget the ovation he got on opening night because the feeling was that they needed more toughness.

The funny part about that was they already had: Neely, Byers, Miller, Crowder, Kluzak with Markwart (not a heavy, but definitely gritty and tough) and Blum as reserves. Gotta love 80's hockey....about 1,000 potential PIM's among 6 guys and they still felt they needed more.

:laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember a game that the Bruins had just won in Detroit in the 1972/73 season. Don't know if it was on channel 38 or on the radio but the Bruins had just announced that they re-acquired Gary Doak form the Red Wings.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Remember when Brad Boyes was our out of nowhere young scoring machine?

16-28-44 in the final 36 games in 2005-06 and 26-43-69 overall.

I do.....I still have a home white Boyes jersey hanging in the closet. Still gets me the most comments out of all my jerseys
Great Jersey
My favourite thing to do when I saw Brad Boyes play for any team was sing his anthem

Brad Boyes, Brad Boyes whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when he scores on you.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I remember Mike Sullivan being the scapegoat for Thornton's 0-0-0 no show against Montreal and Sinden/Jacobs completely f***ing up the lockout and contracts.

...and a few years before them blowing it by letting Laviolette escape. My dad still curses them for having a coach that won the Calder/AHL COY in Providence, brought him up as an assistant in Boston, then letting him get away instead of firing that idiot Ftorek

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I remember Mike Sullivan being the scapegoat for Thornton's 0-0-0 no show against Montreal and Sinden/Jacobs completely ****ing up the lockout and contracts.

...and a few years before them blowing it by letting Laviolette escape. My dad still curses them for having a coach that won the Calder/AHL COY in Providence, brought him up as an assistant in Boston, then letting him get away instead of firing that idiot Ftorek

I couldn't stand Ftorek.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Remember Bruce Shoebottom, who was popular mainly because of his name and he could fight.

semi related, but I remember loving Darren Banks on the P-Bruins growing up. Same reason, he always laying someone out or in a fight.

Also loved Trumpet Man. Nothing better as a kid than a guy leader cheers with a trumpet...getting the crowd to chant "The referee's an asshole" or hanging upside from the glass playing

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I remember John Gruden's turnover vs the Crash Line

I remember loving the Roy-Stumpel-Wilson line

I remember wanting to see Neely and Tocchet on the same line (IIRC that never happened)

I remember Kvartalnov's rookie year. Thought he was the next Bure

I remember the sheer anger I had trading Tom Fergus, Mike Krushelnyski, Bill Ranford and Barry Pederson

I remember Willi Plett's one season here. Loved him.

Kvartalnov, Juneau and Oates what a trio

th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad