Confirmed with Link: Rem Pitlick signed 2 years 1.1 Million AAV per Cap Friendly

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
It's interesting why didn't a team like Toronto that's cap-strapped didn't go for him this year? Seems like a perfect gamble to get more production than the salary.
It could be that Pitlick is comfortable the coaching staff in Montreal and believes he will get a real opportunity in the NHL. If he signed with a different team that doesn't know him that well they may not give him the same chance

Reactions: DailyKaizen

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
It could be that Pitlick is comfortable the coaching staff in Montreal and believes he will get a real opportunity in the NHL. If he signed with a different team that doesn't know him that well they may not give him the same chance
In Toronto he could’ve gotten hot but just as easily could’ve gotten buried. In Montreal he knows what he has and knows MSL… goes a long way.

For his sake I hope he produces at least 30-odd points. For our sake I hope he does it with minimal TOI (so no Mathieu Darche-ing it, playing shotgun on the first line).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That was also my first impression that he left salary on the table just to resign here...

Because 1.1M is really cheap. It's a contract you can bury in the minors without repercussions...

Hopefully he can do great for us and we could trade him down the road lol

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Good! Couldn't figure out why we would let him go. I would have thought the saved cap from the Petry trade would have been used on Dach though.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Nice player. But Pitlick isn't moving the needle for this team. We have more holes in our roster than the Titanic

He's sneaky good and has the capacity to score GTG and GWG's

Pitlick is a perfect tank player, an all-offence 3rd liner who isn't very good defensively. He'll be a part of lots of exciting offensive plays that will keep these games watchable, but he'll give up enough defensively that it won't hurt the tank at all.

Fair point

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Byron 2.0?

Edit: I meant the first contract we gave Byron after claiming him on waivers that was dirt cheap.
If he performs as well as Byron after his first extension hopefully this management group is smart enough to trade while his value would be high him instead of extending him.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If he performs as well as Byron after his first extension hopefully this management group is smart enough to trade while his value would be high him instead of extending him.
Byron couldn't stay healthy and management gave him too high of a cap hit. Byron is much smaller than Pitlick and plays a reckless style.

I'm ok with re-signing Pitlick again if he proves he can stay healthy and re-signs for a good cap hit. I'd also be happy if we were to move him for a 2nd, a 1st or a good prospect. After all, we nearly just lost him for nothing.

Man this is gonna be a steal this season. I'm guessing he didn't want to leave which is good for us,

I don't know why other teams didn't step up to give him 1.5M-2M AAV. Their loss, our gain.

It's interesting why didn't a team like Toronto that's cap-strapped didn't go for him this year? Seems like a perfect gamble to get more production than the salary.
I think just poor pro scouting on the part of many teams.

Reactions: Belial and Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Byron couldn't stay healthy and management gave him too high of a cap hit. Byron is much smaller than Pitlick and plays a reckless style.

I'm ok with re-signing Pitlick again if he proves he can stay healthy and re-signs for a good cap hit. I'd also be happy if we were to move him for a 2nd, a 1st or a good prospect. After all, we nearly just lost him for nothing.

I don't know why other teams didn't step up to give him 1.5M-2M AAV. Their loss, our gain.

Yea he could easily have gotten 2 million.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
WOW.

Good deal....

Not great for the tank though.
Actually it’s great for the tank.

He’s a going to be at best a middling 6 winger, but with that being the case and his cap hit being so low he’s a huge boon to a cash-strapped team looking to add depth at the deadline. The fact he has another year on the contract is a huge bonus to any team in a cup window.

So either he plays well and we keep him, or he plays well and we turn him into a tangible future asset, or he doesn’t play well and it doesn’t matter at all cause it’s a cheap depth signing and we don’t want to be a good team this year anyways.

He is likely not going to be good enough in of himself to move the needle for us in terms of the tank. I believe he was on a 56pt pace or something like that with us last year and we still finished last.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Was really bummed thinking we would lose him. He's a great all around speedy/skilled player.

Hopefully we'll get to see the Koivu shootout move a few mores times this year.

Reactions: Redux91

tintinetmilou

Mar 22, 2010
Great signing. surprised he took the second year. W have too ,any forwads. Big trade is coming. For sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad