GDT: Relegation Game 2: Germany Vs Kazakhstan | 5AM EST 11PM CET | GER Lead 1-0 | KAZ 4 -1 GER

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
rel2.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Germany
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
HANE Hendrik (G)
ANCICKA Tobias (G)
MAURER Philipp(G)

Defensemen:
WIRT Daniel (D)
HEINZINGER Niklas (D)
HUTTL Leon (D)
DERSCH Alexander (D)
MIK Eric (D)
MASS Philipp (D)
SEIDER Moritz (D)

Forwards:
STUTZLE Tim (F)
SCHUTZ Justin (F)
NIJENHUIS Jan (F)
SCHINKO Luis (F)
FLEISCHER Tim (F)
BRUNE Louis (F)
KINDER Nino (F)
JENTZSCH Taro (F)
LOBACH Dennis (F)
VALENTI Yannik (F)
REICHEL Lukas (F)
PETERKA John (F)
BOKK Dominik (F)

Scratched:

kazakhstan-2190-png.168451

Kazakhstan
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
NUREK Vladislav (G)
PAVLENKO Maxim (G)
KALMYKOV Roman (G)

Defensemen:
KOROLYOV Artyom (D)
GAITAMIROV Tamirlan (D)
DIKHANBEK Madi (D)
BUTENKO Danil (D)
KATASSONOV Timofei (D)
MURATOV David (D)
SCHLYCHKOV Vladimir (D)
SHAIKHMEDDENOV Ansar (D)

Forwards:
BOIKO Oleg (F)
DEMIN Ruslan (F)
ASUKHANOV Yusup (F)
CHAPOROV Denis (F)
BUYALSKIY Andrey (F)
SAIKO Vladislav (F)
ALEXANDROV Stanislav (F)
LYAPUNOV Nikita (F)
CHALOV Maxim (F)
BONDARENKO Konstantin (F)
OMIRBEKOV Alikhan (F)
MUSOROV Maxim (F)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I am expecting a win again and then the German team can be pretty happy with the tournament overall. Obviously Bokk will be badly missed and you would hope for Seider to return again next year, but if Seider and our 17 year olds are all back next year we should send a pretty good team once again!

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I am expecting a win again and then the German team can be pretty happy with the tournament overall. Obviously Bokk will be badly missed and you would hope for Seider to return again next year, but if Seider and our 17 year olds are all back next year we should send a pretty good team once again!
Really acquitted themselves well and won the game they had to. That should have been enough but it wasn't.

Look forward to next year as they should end up with Slovakia in their group which is a game they could certainly win.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

Too bad the 2001 birth year, except for Seider is rather meh. You have Kinder and Nijenhuis (who was not very good) and then guys like Gnyp, Varejcka (who should help alleviate the loss of Bokk), Jan-Luca Schuhmacher, Tommy Pasanen and maybe Manuel Alberg who could be useful.
But I expect a rather large number of '02 players (aside from Stützle, Peterka and Reichel) on the team. Obviously Maximilian Glötzl (who should have made the team this year), Florian Elias, Jakub Borzecki, and then maybe Samuel Dubé, Fabian Herrmann, Arkadiusz Dziambor, Maksymilian Szuber, Josef Eham, Luca Münzenberger, Justin Volek and if he can and wants to play for Germany Joshua Samanski.
Ancicka will likely be the number 1 goalie, probably backed up by Florian Bugl and Arno Tiefensee.

At least that is the way I see it right now, but a lot can happen over the next year.

As for the game (so I am not entirely off topic), I hope the players are less sure of their victory than I am and take the game and the opponent seriously, as they deserve it. Germany is clearly the more talented and better team, but it's not unheard of that the more talented team loses on occasion, so while I like to look ahead to next year, the team is hopefully not looking past the Kazakh team.
I'll go with 5-2 Germany to secure a spot for next year.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
germany made me a fan this year i hope they win this and next year beat Slovakia and make the QF :D Relegation should ofbeen Slovakia vs kaz anyway... fortunately for Slovakia I don't think Austria will be much of a threat next year but u never know

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
germany made me a fan this year i hope they win this and next year beat Slovakia and make the QF :D Relegation should ofbeen Slovakia vs kaz anyway... fortunately for Slovakia I don't think Austria will be much of a threat next year but u never know
Well considering even Kazakhstan gave a pretty fair fight to Slovaks it's really not that clear cut for next year... If Austrians will have Rossi, Nickl, Peeters, Hochegger, Harnisch, Wallner... That's on par with what Slovakians got. So again, unless Slovaks are deeper they might actually lose... And at least this year, Slovak depth wasn't there at all.

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I highly, highly doubt that Seider will be there next year. He'll be a NHL-regular by then.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Well considering even Kazakhstan gave a pretty fair fight to Slovaks it's really not that clear cut for next year... If Austrians will have Rossi, Nickl, Peeters, Hochegger, Harnisch, Wallner... That's on par with what Slovakians got. So again, unless Slovaks are deeper they might actually lose... And at least this year, Slovak depth wasn't there at all.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean I do appreciate the faith that you have, like I really do, but...

Hopefully you have some insight on Austrian hockey that I yet fail to see.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean I do appreciate the faith that you have, like I really do, but...

Hopefully you have some insight on Austrian hockey that I yet fail to see.
I mean that's pretty solid top-6 at the very least. Rossi more or less outweighs Cajkovic. And the rest of the Slovaks are no world-beaters. Like I said numerous times and the evidence clearly showed, this Slovak team was closer to D1A level than the rest of the top-8 teams. And Austrians did win that one, did they not. It's pretty hard to see reasons why would you not be willing to have as much faith as "might actually win". That's not exactly going out on a limb.

Especially if, like this year, Austria and Slovakia are in the same group and 1 game pretty much decides everything. I think you have to agree Austria would have at least 30% chance to win a single game.

Last edited:

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I don't like the way Germany is playing, seems like there's a little bit of complacency.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
No idea how Kazakhstan is surviving this siege, the puck just miraculously refuses to enter the net lol.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Hey, I got up at 4:30 a.m. to be able to watch the game. :P

Not seeing Stutzle because of illness sucks. That kid is so much fun to watch.

You deserve seeing a good and close game then, still don't want a do or die game tomorrow :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad