GDT: Relegation Game 2: Germany Vs Kazakhstan | 5AM EST 11PM CET | GER Lead 1-0 | KAZ 4 -1 GER

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
At the end of the day, Germany was overhyped and not that good as some people were presenting here. Would not be surprised at all if the Kazakhs defeat them again. Last year scenario is happening again.

Reactions: Reynys

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I guess it feels like they won the cup. It's their first win in the elite division and they are just kids, of course they are excited.
For these players it's obviously their first win in the elite division, yes, but for Kazakhstan as a participating team winning isn't really anything new. In 1998 they even beat Canada by three goals.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Kazakhstan celebrating like they won the cup on that 4-0 empty net goal there. Classy.

It is a major win for them of course, why should they not be. Germany have a few more drafted nhl players on that team.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Kazakhstan celebrating like they won the cup on that 4-0 empty net goal there. Classy.
There were 3.5 minutes left, so that was a clinching goal for their first win of the tournament and some hope that they don't get relegated. If you've got your goalie out it is presumably not a game you've given up on or they're taking for granted.

Reactions: Cooperad

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I guess the Slovaks are not so bad then @SoundAndFury
We had the same argument about Switzerland vs. Kazakhstan. One team was clearly better, Kazakhstan managed to counter it somewhat. Shots were 44-22 in favor of Germany today. When Slovakia played Kazakhstan shots were 23-22. Do the math.

Hey @SoundAndFury are u sure Slovaks would stand no chance against germany? I just picture your Russian brain justifying so much hahahahaha
First of all, I'm not Russian. Secondly, yep, they wouldn't. Did Germany get relegated? Did I miss anything? Kazakhs got a lucky win against clearly superior team which, in the long(er) run, likely won't mean anything. You can find me saying Kazakhs have 10% chance and Slovaks would have had 15%. I even said that is exactly so because it's best out of 3 series because for a single game that chance would be higher. To me, this game doesn't change it much unless now you truly believe Kazakhs will win the 3rd game as well.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
We had the same argument about Switzerland vs. Kazakhstan. One team was clearly better, Kazakhstan managed to counter it somewhat. Shots were 44-22 in favor of Germany today. When Slovakia played Kazakhstan shots were 23-22. Do the math.

First of all, I'm not Russian. Secondly, yep, they wouldn't. Did Germany get relegated? Did I miss anything? Kazakhs got a lucky win against clearly superior team which, in the long(er) run, likely won't mean anything. You can find me saying Kazakhs have 10% chance and Slovaks would have had 15%. I even said that is exactly so because it's best out of 3 series because for a single game that chance would be higher. To me, this game doesn't change it much unless now you truly believe Kazakhs will win the 3rd game as well.

Attachments

• 9444E5EF-E446-4CE4-AE34-6713A7F6821A.jpeg
    9444E5EF-E446-4CE4-AE34-6713A7F6821A.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 6
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
For most of those kids that win is the height of their hockey career. Nothing annoys me more than people joy sucking because they are mad another team is celebrating their success.
That's fine, but the 4-0 goal didn't win the game nearly as much as the prior 3, and those goals actually came with a goalie in. And they celebrated normally for those goals. They were already winning by 3 goals. The game was already won, it's disrespectful to freak out over an EN goal.

Especially against Germany, for whom relegation is completely possible. If you score on Canada/US/Sweden/etc, that's understandable to be overwhelmed. But to freak out because you beat the other team in the relegation series? They're there for a good reason. Just like you are.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't know what do you want me to say? That Slovakia is good because Kazakhstan scored one unlikely upset? You feel vindicated? Good for you.

Everyone understands Germans are the better team. This isn't the first time the better team doesn't win. Everyone also understands that this Kazakh win is just a moral victory if they can't win tomorrow. They are still very unlikely to win tomorrow. What else is there? What does my "Russian brain" need to justify here?

Reactions: Cooperad

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
7 team's this WC got blown by large score in a game. These are juniors, it's often a mindgame. Just as, Canada loosing 0:6 vs Russia, Finland loosing 0:5 vs Canada, Germans loosing 1:4 vs Kazakhs, Slovaks could just as likely loose 0:4 against Germany as Germany could loose 0:4 to Slovakia. Sure, we could argue about odds, but that's all there is to it....

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Everyone understands Germans are the better team.
Where? Are you referring to U20? Can you show me some final results that have Germany ahead of Slovakia?

Even in this tourney, Slovak's will finish 7th or 8th and German's 9th or relegated.

I loved this German team and wish them nothing but the best. I'm just not sure why it is so clear... where did the Slovak's finish last year? The German's? How about the year before?

For instance, Canada is clearly better than the Czechs - that's very easy to prove.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
7 team's this WC got blown by large score in a game. These are juniors, it's often a mindgame. Just as, Canada loosing 0:6 vs Russia, Finland loosing 0:5 vs Canada, Germans loosing 1:4 vs Kazakhs, Slovaks could just as likely loose 0:4 against Germany as Germany could loose 0:4 to Slovakia. Sure, we could argue about odds, but that's all there is to it....
And how many of those team got blown for games in a row like Slovakia did? Yes, all teams suffer major defeats once in a while, Blues lost to Bruins 7-2 and 5-1 on their way to the cup in the finals. But lets not act like the quality of the team plays no part in how often or against what kind of opponents it happens.

Where? Are you referring to U20? Can you show me some final results that have Germany ahead of Slovakia?

Even in this tourney, Slovak's will finish 7th or 8th and German's 9th or relegated.

I loved this German team and wish them nothing but the best. I'm just not sure why it is so clear... where did the Slovak's finish last year? The German's? How about the year before?
Every argument you make is more ignorant than the previous one. Lets not look at the rosters of the teams, lets not look at how they played, lets not look at the tournament system, anything. Lets just go by past results where completely different teams and players played. Ok then.

Can you show me the year Germans had 2 top-10 picks and 5 top-40 picks on their roster before? So maybe your "previous history" argument carries some value?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Everyone who isn’t a Kazakh should be cheering for the Germans. The Kazakhs are a beer league team at this level. The Germans add much more quality to this tournament.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And how many of those team got blown for games in a row like Slovakia did? Yes, all teams suffer major defeats once in a while, Blues lost to Bruins 7-2 and 5-1 on their way to the cup in the finals. But lets not act like the quality of the team plays no part in how often or against what kind of opponents it happens.

Every argument you make is more ignorant than the previous one. Lets not look at the rosters of the teams, lets not look at how they played, lets not look at the tournament system, anything. Lets just go by past results where completely different teams and players played. Ok then.

Can you show me the year Germans had 2 top-10 picks and 5 top-40 picks on their roster before? So maybe your "previous history" argument carries some value?
A table showing placements... more than one... please show me it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad