GDT: Relegation Game 2: Germany Vs Kazakhstan | 5AM EST 11PM CET | GER Lead 1-0 | KAZ 4 -1 GER

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Can you show me the year Germans had 2 top-10 picks and 5 top-40 picks on their roster before?
There were 7 guys on this team taken in the top 40.

I'd like to see that table too!

Also, I'm positive I could find a Slovak team that did do that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There were 7 guys on this team taken in the top 40.

I'd like to see that table too!

Also, I'm positive I could find a Slovak team that did do that.
Really don't understand why would you think acting dumb makes you seem smart. You understand perfectly well what I'm saying. You, most likely, understand this is the best German team ever and past comparison is irrelevant. You likely understand this is one of the worst Slovak teams ever and past comparison is irrelevant. So what are you talking about? This somehow wins you the argument in your mind?

I can understand native Slovaks being bitter because their reality is really harsh but why did you feel the need to ride in on the white horse to this discussion I have no idea.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Really don't understand why would you think acting dumb makes you seem smart. You understand perfectly well what I'm saying. You, most likely, understand this is the best German team ever and past comparison is irrelevant. You likely understand this is one of the worst Slovak teams ever and past comparison is irrelevant. So what are you talking about? This somehow wins you the argument in your mind?

I can understand native Slovaks being bitter because their reality is really harsh but why did you feel the need to ride in on the white horse to this discussion I have no idea.
I'll answer that!

1. You're not nice to the Slovak fans.. I have no idea why. But I generally don't appreciate it. No, I'm not Slovak. But I hate a bully.
2. You're arguing that the German's are better than the Slovaks based on ONE hockey team... one!
3. To be clear.. Slovakia has beat the Germans at every single U20 tournament ever!!!!
4. The Slovaks finished ahead of the Germans in THIS tourney.
5. The Slovaks never played Germany so you don't get to declare they were better (the final table is actually what does that... they have one every year)
6. Again, I have NOTHING against the German team and have been rooting for them the whole tournament.
7. I have nothing against Kazakhstan either.. it's posters like you that get my back up.

Hope that helps.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Can you show me the year Germans had 2 top-10 picks and 5 top-40 picks on their roster before? So maybe your "previous history" argument carries some value?
Still waiting for this list of 7 German's drafted in the Top 40... I'll start
1. Seider (top 10)
2. Bokk (top 40)
Who are the other 5? Using your numbers we're missing
1. a top 10 pick
2. a top 40 pick
3. a top 40 pick
4. a top 40 pick
5. a top 40 pick

FTR.... if you are arguing this is the best German team ever... I agree. Beautiful team. Have cheered for them the whole tourney. Not sure why you have to insult Slovaks to make your point though?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hope that helps.
The whole discussion was about this team in this championship so what else should I base it on other than one team.

Still waiting for this list of 7 German's drafted in the Top 40... I'll start
1. Seider (top 10)
2. Bokk (top 40)
Who are the other 5? Using your numbers we're missing
1. a top 10 pick
2. a top 40 pick
3. a top 40 pick
4. a top 40 pick
5. a top 40 pick
I said 5, no idea where 7 came from. Stutzle top 10, Peterka late first round, Reichel early 2nd. 5. If you don't agree with that projection I could have written "solid contributors in men's pro leagues" or whatnot. But then we would have to add someone like Valenti to the list as well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The whole discussion was about this team in this championship so what else should I base it on other than one team.

I said 5, no idea where 7 came from. Stutzle top 10, Peterka late first round, Reichel early 2nd. 5. If you don't agree with that projection I could have written "solid contributors in men's pro leagues" or whatnot. But then we would have to add someone like Valenti to the list as well.
To be clear. In this tournament. Germany finished 9th (congrats on not get relegated and see you in Edmonton!). Slovaks finished higher than 9th. That's talking about THIS tournament. You don't get to say the Germans are better because they never played each other. Also, they did lose to Kazkhstan who the Slovak's beat.

As far as where I got 7... that's what you said:

2 top-10 picks and 5 top-40 picks

I've highlighted YOUR numbers. 2 + 5 = 7.
I think you're including your 2 top 10 picks into your 5 top 40 picks. So what you meant to say was this team has 5 top 40 picks on it.

Problem is they don't. It's January 2020 - right now, they only have 2 drafted players in the Top 40... TWO. Bokk and Seider.

Next year's team won't have Bokk as he graduates (he was awesome btw). Seider may not be available (he is amazing). So next years team won't have 5 top 40 picks either. Both your numbers are made up. This years team doesn't have 2 top 10 picks and next years team won't either.

Peterka, Stutzl and Reichel have yet to be drafted. That happens in June. It'd be like me saying the Czechs have 2 first rounders on it because I hope Mysak and Pitlyk go in the first round. Doesn't make sense.

It's okay to cheer for a team and not be rude to the opposing fan bases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->