Confirmed with Link: Rejoice, Keiser Daniel plays tonight! (Smith, Lashoff, Colaiacovo out)

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
I don't get it either, Lashoff can at least play defense. Smith is a giveaway machine and doesn't understand the concept of defense... he can't even score goals. Brian Lashoff scored a goal this season and can play on the PK.

Smith should be in the dog house.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that! :laugh:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Oopsies, wrong thread.

I'm excited to see if the Wings will have someone that can actually play defense on the team for once. It will be refreshing.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Wasn't able to catch the game tonight. How did DeKeyser look?

About like most expected. Didn't look out of place, really smooth skater. Had a couple good defensive plays and a couple sloppy passes. From what he showed tonight he's a lot better than Lashoff and Quincey have been, and hopefully he will only improve with more experience.

Next game I'd like to see Kindl in for Q.
Kronwall-E
Kindl-Smith
DeKeyser-White

GrafSk8r12

Jul 4, 2011
About like most expected. Didn't look out of place, really smooth skater. Had a couple good defensive plays and a couple sloppy passes. From what he showed tonight he's a lot better than Lashoff and Quincey have been, and hopefully he will only improve with more experience.

Next game I'd like to see Kindl in for Q.
Kronwall-E
Kindl-Smith
DeKeyser-White

Thanks. Definitely sounds promising!

Detroit Sports*

White was a good pairing choice for DeKeyer - good call by Babs. White plays a simple, predictable game and doesn't take a whole lot of chances due to his lack of speed.

Agreed. I also thought it was good because White is a right handed shot making it easier for them to pass back and forth.

HTT3*

Smith is no worse than Lashoff defensively.

Just because Lashoff is labeled a "stay-at-home defenseman" doesn't mean he's actually good at defense.

I'd take Lashoff on the PK over Smith any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not only is Lashoff better at defense, he also scored a goal... something Smith can't seem to do.

Both are bad, one is worse than the other. Let Smith play in the AHL for the rest of the season / playoffs and trade him for a pick at the draft. Maybe Kenny can get a decent 2nd or 3rd out of him before other GMs see how bad he really is.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I liked how DeK was fast on the puck and looked for the easy way out of the zone. Really crisp passing game aswell despite probable nervousness. He's absolutely not going to scare any forwards with current physique but his long reach will allow him to play in the meantime. I don't know if he's good enough right now to keep a top6 spot for the rest of this year, but I definitely see where the top4 label comes from. He can be a really good compliment for our offensive guys in the system.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Danny was a breath of fresh air. To see just those simple plays that kept the puck out of dangerous zones, we haven't had that since Lidstrom retired.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I sure hope Dekeyser puts on some mass this summer, he seem thin and therefore looks kind of awkward.

Yep, plenty of room for meat on that frame. Hopefully he isnt another Drew Miller body type

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I haven't looked at it closely but it seems just based on "performance" that Jakub Kindl is getting tougher matchups lately. It's not working out so well. Over the last 5 games he's gone -3 with 0 points.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
liked his game, it did look like he was chasing guys a lot though, like he was lost or something. Im sure with more practice that will be straightened out.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
I haven't looked at it closely but it seems just based on "performance" that Jakub Kindl is getting tougher matchups lately. It's not working out so well. Over the last 5 games he's gone -3 with 0 points.

Ah, the Kindl hate returns.

He's still adjusting to those tougher match ups, sure.

It doesn't help that our last 5 games have been mostly no show efforts by nearly all of our team. That includes the disappearing act in SJ, blowout against Chicago, implosion against Phoenix, and two struggling wins against the last place team in the league.

He's struggling because nearly the entire team is. He hasn't been great, but when the rest of the team wakes up he'll be fine.

RedWingsNow*

It doesn't help that our last 5 games have been mostly no show efforts by nearly all of our team. That includes the disappearing act in SJ, blowout against Chicago, implosion against Phoenix, and two struggling wins against the last place team in the league.

He's struggling because nearly the entire team is. He hasn't been great, but when the rest of the team wakes up he'll be fine.

That's the Quincey effect.
Quincey pinches, two on onw.
Quincey lets his man bat puck out of the air
One thing I will say is that Kindl hasn't been as physically engaged lately

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Don't cry, it's not hate. Just pointing out to the people who suggest he's our 2nd or 3rd best defenseman that his performance has dropped off significantly. He hasn't been as bad as Colaiacovo (-3 against Phoenix). I'm guessing that's not the guy you want him being compared to.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I'd take Lashoff on the PK over Smith any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not only is Lashoff better at defense, he also scored a goal... something Smith can't seem to do.

Both are bad, one is worse than the other. Let Smith play in the AHL for the rest of the season / playoffs and trade him for a pick at the draft. Maybe Kenny can get a decent 2nd or 3rd out of him before other GMs see how bad he really is.

Oh Lawdy Lawdy

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
Smith is still a good defencemen, defense usually takes longer to develop then forwards, hes gonna have some rough games, but hes really talented.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
DeKeyser has been pretty solid for us lately, granted he still makes mistakes(which should be expected), but he's looked "real good" out there. I see him as a top 4 guy for us for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad