Confirmed with Link: Rejoice, Keiser Daniel plays tonight! (Smith, Lashoff, Colaiacovo out)

crashman

He shouldn't be playing in the NHL at all with this team being in a playoff race. He should have been immediately assigned to the Griffs. I understand that management may of made promises to get him signed, but this reeks of hypocrisy.

Ian White gets healthy scratched for multiple games and guys like Lashoff and Smith play piss poor and still get to play. Smith hasn't impressed me at all this season.

I'd really like to hear Babcock's reasoning behind his roster decisions.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He shouldn't be playing in the NHL at all with this team being in a playoff race. He should have been immediately assigned to the Griffs. I understand that management may of made promises to get him signed, but this reeks of hypocrisy.

Ian White gets healthy scratched for multiple games and guys like Lashoff and Smith play piss poor and still get to play.

I'd really like to hear Babcock's reasoning behind his roster decisions.

Why should Ian White ever play?

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
The defense in entirety has been pretty weak for most of the year. I'm glad they are giving him a shot.

crashman

Why should Ian White ever play?

Because he's a good puck mover and he makes our powerplay better. NONE of our defenseman are defensive stalwarts, so we might as well play the guys that make the least amount of mistakes.

I know the popular opinion around here is that Ian White is a terrible player, but I really don't think so, not compared to what else we have to work with.

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
^Agree with this.

I dont want to see White resign but his experience and compete level make him a safe bet out there.

Smith is lethargic and stiff out there this year and second guessing himself ALLOT with the puck compared to his stint last season. Whats really disheartening to me is watching him pull the parachute when he getting forchecked at least a few times a game ... last season hed get to that puck no matter what and engage the inevitable contact himself. Lashoff is by far the worst though in terms of hearing footsteps and poking at a puck when he knows a hit is coming.

Coliacovo has looked very good since hes been back. Kronner, E,and Kindl are full timers. That said I want to see Dekeyser in ... given his apparent steel nerves, skating, and PK ability.

Id like to see
Kronner Ericsson
Kindl White
Coliacovo Dekeyser

Smith/LAsh are liabilities ... and quincey is Quincey. CC will likely sit tonight purely for conditioning issues - but if he keeps his play up hellbe a fixture for the rest of the year.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Give the kid a shot. Can't be worse than Kronwall.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Glad to see him play at least once this year. He'll be playing on the road, which should be easier on his nerves, plus his size could help, last game against the Avs, Bordeleau and Van der Gulik were running over the D.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Smith/Lashoff are liabilities ... and quincey is Quincey. CC will likely sit tonight purely for conditioning issues - but if he keeps his play up hellbe a fixture for the rest of the year.

Smith and Lashoff were -1 yesterday, CC was a -3. I get that you might be frustrated with Smith and Lashoff's developement, but they're rookies, they are going to make mistakes. I'd be more worried with CC being a veteran of 374 games, but all in all, I'm grasping at straws here, I'm just glad Dekeyser gets to play.

irishtemper

Jun 9, 2008
Good....good, hope he blows one of the ****** d-men out of the lineup permanently (read any of the d-men, they've all been pretty bad this year).

crashman

Smith and Lashoff were -1 yesterday, CC was a -3. I get that you might be frustrated with Smith and Lashoff's developement, but they're rookies, they are going to make mistakes. I'd be more worried with CC being a veteran of 374 games, but all in all, I'm grasping at straws here, I'm just glad Dekeyser gets to play.

If you look past the stat sheet and actually play attention to the game, you'd see that CC played much better than Smith or Lashoff. +/- is a very deceiving stat.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada

Not trying to say CC is anything more then he is but last night Lashoff should of been -2 and CC -2 if it wasn't for Lashoff bailing off the ice and leaving Doan wide open. CC just stepped on the ice and had zero chance to get into the play. Can't fault him on that -.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Can't wait to see the forum ****storm when he makes a couple mistakes that lead to a goal tonight.

RedWingsNow*

If you look past the stat sheet and actually play attention to the game, you'd see that CC played much better than Smith or Lashoff. +/- is a very deceiving stat.

One of CC's minuses came because Lashoff lollygagged to the bench on a late change
Lashoff's laziness. CC's minus.

RedWingsNow*

I thought Kindl had a really nice game yesterday. The puck loves his stick. No coincidence that he's out there with the top dogs late in the game when the Wings needed a goal.

Of all our defenseman, he's the one who actually kind of looks like Lids out there when he has the puck in the offensive zone.

If only he looked like Lids just a little bit in his own end.

Anyway, I'd start Kindl over Smith after last night's game

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
To be honest,

I'm just excited to watch a new player on this team, that isn't an old vet, a re-aquired ex-wing player, a wings drafted player(just because it's so rare in this organization)

BlakKy

Nov 4, 2010
Toronto
If he is better than one of our Dmen defensively and as a good a PP man as a lot of scouts say he will improve our team in the short and long terms.

The Kaiser's reign begins tonight.

Lang lebe Danny, der Kaiser!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad