Confirmed with Link: Rejoice, Keiser Daniel plays tonight! (Smith, Lashoff, Colaiacovo out)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Lashoff out DD in. :)
Simple as that.

Almost All of our D-men are learning how to play here.

I have no complaints either way, because my expectations are low.

I think Kindl has been doing ok... I mean did you see his sweet backhand top cheese the other day? :sarcasm:

CloneHakanPlease*

Anyone who thinks Dekeyser isn't an upgrade over Lashoff is clueless. There is a reason 30 out of 30 NHL teams wanted this guy.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I hope he has an awesome game. Lashoff out and DD in is the logical move but since Q and White are back in also, it will make things murky.

RedWingsNow*

Anyone who thinks Dekeyser isn't an upgrade over Lashoff is clueless. There is a reason 30 out of 30 NHL teams wanted this guy.

I can't stand Lashoff in the lineup, but we simply don't know if Dekeyser is ready for the NHL

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
I can't stand Lashoff in the lineup, but we simply don't know if Dekeyser is ready for the NHL

32320_1221281638011598_1415778876_n.jpg

I said in a previous thread that I didn't want Dekeyser to get games handed to him, but if Babcock thinks he's ready from what he's seen in practices then I'm not worried about it.

It's a good opportunity for him. We're playing the worst team in the West tonight. Barring some massive brainfarts, I really doubt that our 6th defenseman will be the difference between a win and a loss tonight. If it is, we really need to re-evaluate the rest of our team.

Hoping he does well.

HTT3*

He shouldn't be playing in the NHL at all with this team being in a playoff race. He should have been immediately assigned to the Griffs. I understand that management may of made promises to get him signed, but this reeks of hypocrisy.

Ian White gets healthy scratched for multiple games and guys like Lashoff and Smith play piss poor and still get to play. Smith hasn't impressed me at all this season.

I'd really like to hear Babcock's reasoning behind his roster decisions.

I think it is time to end the Smith experiment, the guy is a complete mess. You can count on him making costly mistakes at costly times of the game. This is how he was in Grand Raids, too. If Holland was to trade a player, I was hoping he'd traded Smith.

Sit Smith, play White. Sit Lashoff, Play DD. That should improve this team 40% right there.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I think it is time to end the Smith experiment, the guy is a complete mess. You can count on him making costly mistakes at costly times of the game. This is how he was in Grand Raids, too. If Holland was to trade a player, I was hoping he'd traded Smith.

Sit Smith, play White. Sit Lashoff, Play DD. That should improve this team 40% right there.

You realize Smith is a rookie, just like Lashoff and DeKeyser?

HTT3*

You realize Smith is a rookie, just like Lashoff and DeKeyser?

I also realize Smith has been a bone head since he got to GR. He's a player of mistakes, that is his M.O. he has built his career on it, but people see his Goals and think he's great. He's a complete mess and extremely overrated.

Lashoff can at lease play PK.

RedWingsNow*

I would have supported the trading of Smith, myself, for the right return.

But not because Smith sucks and will always suck. I just think we have pretty good talent coming behind him.

That said, I don't know where your opinion of Smith comes from. I can't see the logic behind it

HTT3*

That said, I don't know where your opinion of Smith comes from. I can't see the logic behind it

As a season holder of the Griffins' and watching how bad he was down there game in, game out, and now seeing he hasn't changed or improved by playing in the big league, it proves he's never going to amount to much. He can score some nice goals, but he has the hockey sense of a peanut; he is a gaff machine and will be the official whipping boy for many years to come (unless Holland can't trade him off quickly), he's value is probably pretty low right now, doubt Holland would have found any takers for him this trade deadline anyhow.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Bout time! I'm excited what this guy has to offer, if all the hype is true. We'll see.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Well that is a good arguement right there, but we have to see him play.
:scared::scared:

Good luck Dekeyser. Hopefully he can transition quickly and 'grab a hold' of something.
He is 6'3" so that is more than enough :laugh::laugh::laugh:

We are going to get the whole baord against us, but I agree with you. I do not understand Smith's game at all. He seems to me like he wants to be a forward, he does not play like a Dman.
But in the eyes of many posters here he is a great player and he is allowed to make mistakes.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
We are going to get the whole baord against us, but I agree with you. I do not understand Smith's game at all. He seems to me like he wants to be a forward, he does not play like a Dman.
But in the eyes of many posters here he is a great player and he is allowed to make mistakes.

I don't think I've seen anyone refer to Smith as a "good player," let alone a "great player." The reason he is "allowed" to make a mistake is because he's a rookie. Its not rocket science.

As for Smith wanting to be a forward, maybe we should convert him in reverse Ericsson mode. :laugh:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Well that is a good arguement right there, but we have to see him play.

He is 6'3" so that is more than enough :laugh::laugh::laugh:

not comparing him whatsoever to Karlsson but the guy was a minus 5 followed by a minus 30(I believe worst in the NHL) in his first full season in the league. I watched him play a ton, including live in Ottawa about a dozen times that year while living there and the guy was an absolute disgrace to the term "defencemen." Young dmen make mistakes and its only when coaches, mgmt and fans allow them to that you see them turn the corner and blossom.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I don't think I've seen anyone refer to Smith as a "good player," let alone a "great player." The reason he is "allowed" to make a mistake is because he's a rookie. Its not rocket science.

As for Smith wanting to be a forward, maybe we should convert him in reverse Ericsson mode. :laugh:

not comparing him whatsoever to Karlsson but the guy was a minus 5 followed by a minus 30(I believe worst in the NHL) in his first full season in the league. I watched him play a ton, including live in Ottawa about a dozen times that year while living there and the guy was an absolute disgrace to the term "defencemen." Young dmen make mistakes and its only when coaches, mgmt and fans allow them to that you see them turn the corner and blossom.

I do not understand his game.

He is allowed to make much more mistakes than Lashoff or any other player. I think he should take a game or 2 off.

HTT3*

I do not understand his game.

He is allowed to make much more mistakes than Lashoff or any other player. I think he should take a game or 2 off.

I don't get it either, Lashoff can at least play defense. Smith is a giveaway machine and doesn't understand the concept of defense... he can't even score goals. Brian Lashoff scored a goal this season and can play on the PK.

Smith should be in the dog house.

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012
Smith was bound to disappoint some fans simply by the amount of hype surrounding him. I was

hoping for a little more progression from Smith as the year went on but it has not been there. Some

people are going a little far hoping he gets traded, it has not even been a half season yet. It was not

that long ago that Kindl looked terrible and now he is playing well. Patience is usually a good thing.

(that was not a reference to bringing prospects along, Nyquist and Tatar should have full time spots IMO)

Aug 6, 2012
I don't get it either, Lashoff can at least play defense. Smith is a giveaway machine and doesn't understand the concept of defense... he can't even score goals. Brian Lashoff scored a goal this season and can play on the PK.

Smith is no worse than Lashoff defensively.

Just because Lashoff is labeled a "stay-at-home defenseman" doesn't mean he's actually good at defense.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Smith is no worse than Lashoff defensively.

Just because Lashoff is labeled a "stay-at-home defenseman" doesn't mean he's actually good at defense.

You do realize that based on the comments here there's literally no one on this team that we consider 'good' at defense right?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

Your right, Smith is awful. He forces plays, doesnt fit the wings system.. And like you said, whatever he is doing is not even working, there is no offense! He looked like a house leaguer on the conner goal yesterday. Send him to GR until he learns, he must be a really dumb person. He has the tools, just makes the stupidest plays over and over.

Lashoff is awful. I rejoiced when they sent him down... Now he is back up? This guy is lucky to even have a roster spot in the AHL. Terrible defensively, no offense please gtfo. 0 value addded.

Coliacovo also brutal. Almost costed the game against the avs. Pushed his own guy over Howard for one of the Avs goals, and terrible giveaways and positioning forced Howard to come up huge on 2 seperate ocasions..

I have never seen Dekeyser but at this point, no one can be worse than those 3 stooges. Please put him in already, Almquist too. He deserves a call up before Lashoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad