Reinhart to start the year: Sabres or Amerks?

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Reinhart needs to improve in 2 categories that can be fixed during the season.

1) Adjusting to the speed that decisions in the NHL need to be made and the speed that the game is played in general.

2) Adjusting to the strength of the NHL game.

He's not going to be able to work on those things as well in the AHL.

I agree with everything but 1 and 2. I'd say he simply needs to protect himself better and gain confidence to become more involved and determinating of play. His size, strength and decision making look great to me. His confidence and self preservation have both improved as well imo.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I agree with everything but 1 and 2. I'd say he simply needs to protect himself better and gain confidence to become more involved and determinating of play. His size, strength and decision making look great to me. His confidence and self preservation have both improved as well imo.

Totally agree with this. He looks like physically he belongs. Now he just needs to figure out how to make his skills work, shoot when he should shoot, pass when he should pass ...

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I'm not sure of the basis of your argument but, if you're saying struggle and failure wouldn't effect SR in a negative way, then maybe your concerns are displaced. It's a bit odd that you don't factor in his ability to reach his ceiling while being concerned with how quickly he can get there.

It's only odd if you think 1 of the options will stall his development. If you don't think either option will stop his development it's completely consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad