Reinbacher is in the same tier of Jiricek and Nemec?

Reinbacher same tier of Jiricek and Nemec?

• Yes

Votes: 104 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 316 72.6%
  • Tier above

Votes: 14 3.2%
  • Tier ahead

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
D3BDC82A-70CF-4A0B-B3F1-D0E1F00195C7.jpeg

In a tier by himself

• Haha
Reactions: Play

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Nemec is such a monster. Dude is already playing like a #1 dman and it's his rookie year at age 19. It's extremely rare for a rookie dman to look this good & this young. When it's all said and done he's going to be one of the best dmen in the league. Even when Hamilton returns Nemec will be the top RD. Montreal dropped the ball by not selecting him. Easily #1 in a redraft at the moment.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Nemec is such a monster. Dude is already playing like a #1 dman and it's his rookie year at age 19. It's extremely rare for a rookie dman to look this good & this young. When it's all said and done he's going to be one of the best dmen in the league. Even when Hamilton returns Nemec will be the top RD. Montreal dropped the ball by not selecting him. Easily #1 in a redraft at the moment.
We've seen d-men come out really strong before at a very early age and then never repeat or come close to the same level of play not saying I see that with nemec but it wouldn't hurt to be cautious with his development and give him easier minutes once Hamilton returns let him simmer a bit and don't overuse him to early and stunt development.

Reactions: Guttersniped

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
We've seen d-men come out really strong before at a very early age and then never repeat or come close to the same level of play not saying I see that with nemec but it wouldn't hurt to be cautious with his development and give him easier minutes once Hamilton returns let him simmer a bit and don't overuse him to early and stunt development.
Yeah but usually those dmen you talk about have sheltered minutes in certain ways or is being carried by their partner. This is not the case for Nemec. You can throw anybody with him & he makes them better. He isn't sheltered at all. He plays in every single situation & is being played like a #1 dman and he's doing amazing with it. There's no reason to give him easier minutes when Hamilton returns when he looks this good. He doesn't even make mistakes you see from a rookie. He's so poised. I wouldn't give him less minutes unless he actively shows signs of wear & tear but as of right now that's not the case at all.

Reactions: Guadana

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Yeah but usually those dmen you talk about have sheltered minutes in certain ways or is being carried by their partner. This is not the case for Nemec. You can throw anybody with him & he makes them better. He isn't sheltered at all. He plays in every single situation & is being played like a #1 dman and he's doing amazing with it. There's no reason to give him easier minutes when Hamilton returns when he looks this good. He doesn't even make mistakes you see from a rookie. He's so poised. I wouldn't give him less minutes unless he actively shows signs of wear & tear but as of right now that's not the case at all.
Mental fatigue is serious I was thinking stop it before it happens because burnout especially mentally could last a decent bit but I agree no weakness in his game so far

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
he is not wrong. how many devils fans considered ty smith a core piece of the top4 after his rookie season?

i also see a distinct difference between smith and nemec. i even suggested after the signing of hamilton and hughes to use smith in a trade on the devils board. but development of young players takes sometimes very unexpected routes.

Reactions: McDuffz88

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
he is not wrong. how many devils fans considered ty smith a core piece of the top4 after his rookie season?

i also see a distinct difference between smith and nemec. i even suggested after the signing of hamilton and hughes to use smith in a trade on the devils board. but development of young players takes sometimes very unexpected routes.
Agreed completely. I never tooted Smiths horn though. I was one of the 1st posters to say let's trade the guy before he even had a bad season. My reasoning was is because in the lineup he made 0 sense. The season after my comment Smith only made it easier for me because of defense he was a black hole. Nemec isn't that. Ty Smith was a 1 trick pony while Nemec can do it all.

Reactions: TBF1972

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad