Reinbacher is in the same tier of Jiricek and Nemec?

Reinbacher same tier of Jiricek and Nemec?

• Yes

Votes: 104 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 316 72.6%
  • Tier above

Votes: 14 3.2%
  • Tier ahead

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Lol, beyond silly. You’re comparing a guy playing sheltered 3rd pairing minutes to a guy playing first pairing minutes. Also, I couldn’t care less what Nemec’s xG in his last game was, he was outstanding defensively. The whole team’s defensive play has picked up since he’s entered the lineup.

Agreed, beyond silly that any of us are looking at what they did last game. We should ask guadana to stop bringing it up.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Agreed, beyond silly that any of us are looking at what they did last game. We should ask guadana to stop bringing it up.
Nothing will be decided this year or likely even 3 years from now with how defensemen develop, so there isn’t much to even talk about. Both will likely be very good. But so far Nemec is smashing my expectations, I can’t believe how polished he looks.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It’s not me who is trying to use specific argument for defending position. My view is logical and consistent Where I’m using different stats and overall picture. You are the person who should stop.

Anyway thanks for your position. If older player of limited role has worser stats is better than other younger player who has better stats and playing tougher and more minutes, because… how high specific player is in position with this stats in his team… )

Yeah, we should definitely stop. I believe we have enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felidae

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Lol, beyond silly. You’re comparing a guy playing sheltered 3rd pairing minutes to a guy playing first pairing minutes. Also, I couldn’t care less what Nemec’s xG in his last game was, he was outstanding defensively. The whole team’s defensive play has picked up since he’s entered the lineup.
So Jiricek's 7-13 minutes a night without pp is 1st pair minutes? Thats new.... a
Also Nemec's stats are inflated by your elite forward core and much more offensive style of coaching. Give Jiricek same opportunity and you are looking at d with same offensive results, but with superior defensive and physical impact.

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So Jiricek's 7-13 minutes a night without pp is 1st pair minutes? Thats new.... a
Also Nemec's stats are inflated by your elite forward core and much more offensive style of coaching. Give Jiricek same opportunity and you are looking at d with same offensive results, but with superior defensive and physical impact.
What? Nemec is playing first pairing minutes. Jiricek is playing 14 minutes a night.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Oh really? I am sure he played these many minutes 3-4 times at most. Many games he wasn't even playing 3rd periods
I don’t understand your point. My post was about how it’s silly to just look at the xG% of a guy playing sheltered 3rd pair vs top pair minutes. I am aware Jiricek hasn’t played that many minutes, I literally just said that.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
I think they are both fundamentally different players. I really like Jiricek and think he could put up 15+ goal seasons. I'm not well versed on Reinbacher but he seems fairly similar to Nemec. I hope all three are top defensemen for a long time!

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
With 1 min in PK per game and the most TOI 5 on 5 Nemec is playing more defensive role against tough opponents, Nemec is number one devils defenseman now with the best SA, xGA, xGF%, HDCA.

1704389612098.png

1704389626981.png

1704389646616.png

1704389675371.png

1704389688819.png

Overall in the league with 200+ min 5 on 5 Nemec is #11 defenseman in SA, #30 in xGA, NUMBER NINE in xGF%.

1704393252695.png

Last edited:

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
With 1 min in PK per game and the most TOI 5 on 5 Nemec is playing more defensive role against tough opponents, Nemec is number one devils defenseman now with the best SA, xGA, xGF%, HDCA.

View attachment 795722
View attachment 795723
View attachment 795724
View attachment 795725
View attachment 795726

Overall in the league with 200+ min 5 on 5 Nemec is #11 defenseman in SA, #30 in xGA, NUMBER NINE in xGF%.

View attachment 795759
Fun to read. But its not like its fun for the first time.

Prospects develop at different rates and often don't reach the ceilings people have for them, that applies to all 3 of these young defenders and the opinions of anyone on these boards. It was too early when you posted after 3gp(2pt in 12 games since) and it's too early now after posting a list of players Nemec is in that includes Vincent Desharnais and Brett Kulak. Smug is an awful look, enjoy your favorite prospects without trying to invalidate others opinions.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Prospects develop at different rates and often don't reach the ceilings people have for them, that applies to all 3 of these young defenders and the opinions of anyone on these boards. It was too early when you posted after 3gp(2pt in 12 games since) and it's too early now after posting a list of players Nemec is in that includes Vincent Desharnais and Brett Kulak. Smug is an awful look, enjoy your favorite prospects without trying to invalidate others opinions.
We are talking about now. Future is a future. This list isnt bad because there are Kulak(and some not much impressive and important defensemen like Heiskanen, Slavin or Toews) defensemen and Desharnais. It wasnt just an accident when I added more context from Devils stats. Of course there were no other mentiones int the post of other overall stats.

And of course we will wait until you will have something to be happy about I guess? Okay, sorry for Nemec being much better than both now. Lets wait before they will start to be competitive against. If they will.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
How odd that you jump down a Devils fans throat but any of the guys saying how good Jiricek is.:laugh:

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
How odd that you jump down a Devils fans throat but any of the guys saying how good Jiricek is.:laugh:
It's not about which player they prefer you should probably look at what I replied to(dec.8th post), I'm responding to a posters smug reply belittling another posters opinion after 3 NHL games.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He’s good for sure but this has almost become a trope on HFB where fans claim rookie dman is “already our best defenseman!!!1” lol

Of course with Nemec it’s probably more sustainable than others.

A rookie Dman is the best on the team. It’s just a different rookie Dman. He’s 2nd best. The Dougie injury also throws a wrench into things a bit but Luke has legitimately been that good. Nemec has also basically replaced Dougie’s overall value just in a different way. He’s not as good offensively but he’s better defensively and thankfully we need that more right now.

Part of the reason Luke and Nemec are so far clear of the rest of the non Dougie D is that Siegs and Marino have kind of f***ing sucked this year. Now I do think even if they were where they should be that Luke and Nemec would still be better because they’ve just been that good.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It's not about which player they prefer you should probably look at what I replied to(dec.8th post), I'm responding to a posters smug reply belittling another posters opinion after 3 NHL games.
Blah blah I wasn't the first who started it and now there are more and more and more obvious data. Debate with data started from 6 games of Nemec. It was enough to put Jiricek ahead Nemec when Nemec even didn't play in NHL. Now we have different situation on the track. Its look like Nemec is leading the race and Jiricek is off from the distance for now. So you may continue to tell lie and be wrong whenever you want to be)

Nemec is a leader of NJD in 5 on 5 ice time, playing 1min per game in PK and face harder competition than Jiricek and even Luke. He somehow(its wasn't that unobvious before) started to be the most important defenseman and young player for this organisation and coaches trust him. Overeall team performance was changed after he joined the team. Now he is difference maker from the game one as more two way defenseman with huge ice time for 19yo player. And team succeed when he is on the ice. His advanced stats are not a fluke because he is not some kind of a good third pair defenseman under good third line. He is playing against harder competition more than his partners and still is ~#9 in xGF%. Siegenthaler started to being better with him. And even in different limited opportunities everybody played really well with him - at least from advanced stats point of view.

Nemec now(now, may be everything will change) is clearly best defenseman of the Devils, better prospect than Jiricek and Reinbacher, and overall just very fun, reliable and confident player to watch.

And all of your try to belittling his game by trying to falsy cancel some argument aren't work. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad