Reinbacher is in the same tier of Jiricek and Nemec?

Reinbacher same tier of Jiricek and Nemec?

• Yes

Votes: 104 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 316 72.6%
  • Tier above

Votes: 14 3.2%
  • Tier ahead

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

JT3

May 27, 2013
People will argue he's not based on Nemec and Jiricek's D+1's but as of their draft years he is absolutely in the same tier.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
people saying they’re not in the same tier is simply perplexing. He produced as good as the other 2 in their draft years in a substantially better league.

Nemec and Jircek were known commodities early in their draft years while Reinbacher came out of nowhere, so the other 2 are automatically put on a pedistal.

Very close between all 3.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Before answering make a mental experiment, imagine, Reinbacher is not from Austria but from Sweden or at least Finland or Czechia. Then, compare him to Jiricek and Nemec

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Same tier as draft prospects. Just looking at their skillsets it is all comparable. Reinbacher actually looks more NHL ready than Jiricek and Nemec did.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
IMO Jiricek is the best player from that draft. Been saying this for 2 years now. Columbus got a very good one

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Yes.

Reinbacher might be drafted lower than Nemec went, but this draft is also a much better around the top than last years. Where would Slafkovsky and Wright go in this draft? That's the competition for Nemec and Jiricek.

I'm not surprised about the results though. D's get criminally underrated during their draft seasons. Even though the top ones have much better hit % than top-10 forwards, for example. They take longer to develop than forwards. That's also why so many top D's take massive leaps in their D+1 and D+2 seasons compared to forwards. Jiricek and Nemec are just 2 of the most recent examples of this.

Reactions: CBJx614

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
People will argue he's not based on Nemec and Jiricek's D+1's but as of their draft years he is absolutely in the same tier.

Would have he been in the talks for top3 pick last year?

JT3

May 27, 2013
Would have he been in the talks for top3 pick last year?
My personal list last year was
Wright
Nemec
Cooley
Slaf
Jiricek
Gauther

He probably would have been in the mix with Cooley, Slaf, Jiricek I would say. As for NHL teams, I'm sure he would have been in the conversation, although whether or not he actually would have been drafted top 3 who knows. Maybe NJ would have liked him more than Nemec and taken him 2oa, hard to say.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
My personal list last year was
Wright
Nemec
Cooley
Slaf
Jiricek
Gauther

He probably would have been in the mix with Cooley, Slaf, Jiricek I would say. As for NHL teams, I'm sure he would have been in the conversation, although whether or not he actually would have been drafted top 3 who knows. Maybe NJ would have liked him more than Nemec and taken him 2oa, hard to say.

I remember Jiricek and Nemec being neck and neck last year.

I don’t see how a Dman who could go around 10 would have been in the talk for 2nd overall last year.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad