Reimer requests to be traded

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Reimer's career sv% is .914 and that was the league-average last season (it was lower in previous years). So he is a roughly average goalie, below-average as a starter but good enough to be a 1B/good backup. He is also considerably better than ****ing Cam Ward, Ondrej Pavelec, or the rotting corpse of Martin Brodeur.

Exactly.

People have to keep in mind just the sheer amount of shots he faced, yet he still had a decent sv %. These weren't just weak point shots either. Most goalies only face 25-30 shots a game.

What really cracks me up is people want Marty. Brodeur only faced like 25 shots a game in Jersey and still had only had a .901 sv %. :laugh: He also complained all the time about not getting playing time, so I don't how he would be a good mentor to Bernier, who doesn't need mentoring anyway. The same people who want Brodeur, would turn on him after a few starts. He's too old now to handle facing 40+ shots a night. He would get absolutely demolished.

Pegi90*

Mar 3, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Exactly.

People have to keep in mind just the sheer amount of shots he faced, yet he still had a decent sv %. These weren't just weak point shots either. Most goalies only face 25-30 shots a game.

What really cracks me up is people want Marty. Brodeur only faced like 25 shots a game in Jersey and still had only had a .901 sv %. :laugh: He also complained all the time about not getting playing time, so I don't how he would be a good mentor to Bernier, who doesn't need mentoring anyway. The same people who want Brodeur, would turn on him after a few starts. He's too old now to handle facing 40+ shots a night. He would get absolutely demolished.

brodeur is better than reimer, even at this stage of his career. i dont care about their save % but we both know with marty you have better chance to win a stanley cup and thats only what matters.

brodeur might not be able to play +70 games a year but he's capable of putting a show on in the playoffs and that is why he is valuable goaltender.

24th in wins with only 39 games played with the struggeling devils team, not bad from old man.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
If Reimer is traded and with Gunnarsson already gone and Kulemin a UFA and about to walk that would leave Leafs with only 2 drafted and developed players on the roster Kadri and Rielly.

Couldn't care less how many players are home grown if we sacrifice them for legit talent.

We traded Kessel for two first round picks, I'm glad to have him. Love the Schenn for JVR trade, too. Obviously the Bernier trade has worked out well thus far. Moved out Stajan et al for Phaneuf in what was a steal of a trade as well.

Beyond that, while the quantity of homegrown guys is on the downside, the quality is there with Kadri, Rielly, and Kulemin. Not to mention the stable of guys coming from the Marlies who have a shot at cracking the team this season.

Yes, all of these great trades has to be why we've been so successful. :sarcasm: :naughty:

Pegi90*

Mar 3, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Are people still arguing Reimer is better than Brodeur?

:loony:

opinion is always welcome tho.

i mean judging reimer is pretty hard, guy has never started more than 37 games in a single season. imagine i have about him is like can play 5 good games but then dissapears for next 10.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Hey guys,

According to James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail, the only goalie opening around the NHL is with the Winnipeg Jets alongside Ondrej Pavelec, but they’re a budget-conscious team and have a promising prospect in Mike Hutchinson to consider.
The Jets just re-signed Hutchinson to 2 years at $575,000 per year. I don't know if Pavelec has compromising photos of Jets management or what, but they're stubbornly hanging on to him. He's almost the worst goalie in the NHL, starter or backup. ESPN has rankings by SV% of all goalies who played at least 27 games last season. At .901, Pavelec was #42 of of 47 http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/goaltending/sort/savePct/count/41

The weird part is that the "budget concious Jets" would've SAVED $4.2 million if they had bought out last 3 seasons of Pavelec's contract. BTW, last season's backup, Montoya, came in 15th on that same list at .920. He's now a Florida Panther for the next 2 years at $1.05 million per year.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
We know the jets want him just trade him to the jets with franson and get us something decent in return...as I said give me kosmachuk we good.

If you want to trade him you will have to retain half of his salary James will get in aribitration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad