Proposal: Reilly Smith to Buffalo for Chris Stewart and a 2nd rd draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Size and goals is what we are looking for on rw. Stewart has size and he had 2 28 goal seasons and two other ones he would've had20+. Those are facts. Saying he won't score because cj won't let him is pure junk. Griffith scored 5 in this system. I think cj would be willing to overlook the defensive issues if Someone can provide goals. Try finding a better option for cheaper.

I appreciate your passionate discussion on behalf of Chris Stewart.

I disagree with almost everything in this post, so we'll just have to leave it at that.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
The guy you're arguing with has already said he's only seen when the B's played him...which is what...twice in a Blues uni?

He's got some talent and some size for sure...but rarely does he put it together...and it's hurt come postseason

Yup. Two 28 goals seasons never happened. He has no skill lol. Don't care what he does as long as he score 20+ goals and plays tough from time to time. Aren't you the guy that said he got dumped by St. Louis when in fact he was let go reluctantly? Lol expert.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't know what people see. Potential is all fine and good and rainbows and skittles, but it means jack **** if you use it only sporadically.

Ryan Spooner?????? Matt Bartkowski??????? Half of Providence?????

I would still take a gamble on him for a low risk, Spooner and Bartkowski at this point define low risk. If they can get Simmonds, Kassian or Backes in place of him for a much better package great but this team is so pathetically soft they need anybody who doesn't have their gloves surgically attached to their hands. His cap hit is my biggest issue with any trade for Stewart.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
it basically comes down to this.. the proposed trade is ridiculous ... the player is a gamble and if we could get him for a late pick (im talking 5th and up) and a guy that has some value (fraser) sure he might be worth the gamble but anything beyond that is out of the question .. leaves a bad taste in my mouth when two decen teams have no problem giving up on a guy and even worse , instead of proving people wrong in buff. hes done the complete opposite .

member 96824

Yup. Two 28 goals seasons never happened. He has no skill lol. Don't care what he does as long as he score 20+ goals and plays tough from time to time. Aren't you the guy that said he got dumped by St. Louis when in fact he was let go reluctantly? Lol expert.

I just said he had skill.

Read my friend, read.

I said St. Louis dealt him at the deadline in the middle of going "all in" on a cup run...and that's telling of the player he is. Whether that was reluctantly or not doesn't change that he was still moved.. It's all back there if you want the read, but that wasn't my main point anyways.

I doubt the B's weren't reluctant to trade Wheeler the year he was dealt, but at the end of the day decided their cup chances were better off with other pieces. Same situation.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Ryan Spooner?????? Matt Bartkowski??????? Half of Providence?????

I would still take a gamble on him for a low risk, Spooner and Bartkowski at this point define low risk. If they can get Simmonds, Kassian or Backes in place of him for a much better package great but this team is so pathetically soft they need anybody who doesn't have their gloves surgically attached to their hands. His cap hit is my biggest issue with any trade for Stewart.

You must not be familiar with my opinions regarding young Mr. Spooner. :laugh:

Like I said, he'd be worth a gamble with a prospect and a mid-round pick if not for the salary, which can be used more efficiently, IMO.

For Reilly Smith? **** that noise. I legitimately almost dropped my coffee thinking that had happened.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
The exiled was a joke.

You responded to my post about the OP's proposal which is ********. I didn't really review your posts (or any previous alternation to the proposal) because I wasn't responding to them, but to the OP. So when you said "prospect and a 2nd" I wasn't thinking of your posts.

Well, we simply have to disagree. I think Seth Griffith has more offensive potential and world's worth more heart than Chris Stewart. It is what it is.

I responded to your post to correct an obvious mistake. That's all. You assumed I agreed with the thread starter, another mistake. Guess we will agree to disagree

member 96824

For my next trick, I will google "Charlie Coyle" and become an expert.

Bring it on Matt!

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I just said he had skill.

Read my friend, read.

I said St. Louis dealt him at the deadline in the middle of going "all in" on a cup run...and that's telling of the player he is. Whether that was reluctantly or not doesn't change that he was still moved.. It's all back there if you want the read, but that wasn't my main point anyways.

I doubt the B's weren't reluctant to trade Wheeler the year he was dealt, but at the end of the day decided their cup chances were better off with other pieces. Same situation.

It was pointed out that St. Louis thought they needed miller more than Stewart. Doesn't mean they hated the guy. Just that
they had a better chance with an upgrade to the number 1 position. He wasn't dumped as you make it seem. Yup, seguin sucks because we moved him. How absurd is that?

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
So much wrong with this post. Stewart got traded for a very good return, wasn't exiled lol. I never said smith is a prospect. Read my posts first. What I did say is that smith is an overpayment, and a 2nd and Caron or Fraser should be good enough. And once again, if a rookie can score 5 goals on that line, I think Stewart can also find success there.

Seth Griffith has 5 goals because he bust his ass every shift and has high hockey iq. Both those things are my biggest knock on Stewart never mind the fact that he's never done diddly in the post season.

member 96824

It was pointed out that St. Louis thought they needed miller more than Stewart. Doesn't mean they hated the guy. Just that they had a better chance with an upgrade to the number 1 position. He wasn't dumped as you make it seem. Yup, segueing sucks because we moved him. How absurd is that?

Read the points you're responding to man! I just said that.

I get it. You've gone to hockeydb.com, and done your research. For some reason, you said you think Claude Julien would overlook defensive issues for goal scoring(which I you'll never convince me or anyone else here that is the case) and think Stewart will be a good fit because he scored a good amount when traded to St. Louis. But that St. Louis team, system, etc. was MUCH different than the St. Louis you see today and that would be comparable to the Bruins. That didn't start until Hitch came aboard.

Stewart has skills, he has hands. He's got size.

He lacks drive(and don't give me the playing for a contract BS because he's already done that and failed to put up), he lacks defensive skills, he lacks hockey IQ....but most importantly for this team, he lacks the ability to step up in big games when he's needed most. Not a guy I want on this team, I've seen enough of him to feel strongly about that. I'd rather keep Seth Griffith there than roll the dice with Chris Stewart.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Seth Griffith has 5 goals because he bust his ass every shift and has high hockey iq. Both those things are my biggest knock on Stewart never mind the fact that he's never done diddly in the post season.

No doubt. But if a rookie can score 5 goals already why couldn't a former 28 goal scorer do it? Ryder did it.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Read the points you're responding to man! I just said that.

I get it. You've gone to hockeydb.com, and done your research. For some reason, you said you think Claude Julien would overlook defensive issues for goal scoring(which I you'll never convince me or anyone else here that is the case) and think Stewart will be a good fit because he scored a good amount when traded to St. Louis. But that St. Louis team, system, etc. was MUCH different than the St. Louis you see today and that would be comparable to the Bruins. That didn't start until Hitch came aboard.

Stewart has skills, he has hands. He's got size.

He lacks drive(and don't give me the playing for a contract BS because he's already done that and failed to put up), he lacks defensive skills, he lacks hockey IQ....but most importantly for this team, he lacks the ability to step up in big games when he's needed most. Not a guy I want on this team, I've seen enough of him to feel strongly about that. I'd rather keep Seth Griffith there than roll the dice with Chris Stewart.
I'd rather go to hockeydb.com than take your expert scouting report lol. Fact is that he got traded to stlouis and responded with a very good season. Why wouldn't he do it again in Boston? Cause you don't like him? I'm thinking chia will eventually pay the price and get him.

member 96824

I'd rather go to hockeydb.com than take your expert scouting report lol. Fact is that he got traded to stlouis and responded with a very good season. Why wouldn't he do it again in Boston? Cause you don't like him? I'm thinking chia will eventually pay the price and get him.

I actually liked him until I saw him play on a nightly basis.

Perron too. Used to trade for both of those guys in my NHL 08 seasons.

Funny what actually seeing guys play will do for an opinion. I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means, just letting you know why myself along with many others think Stewart is not the answer.

He was traded to Buffalo much more recently than he was dealt to STL and put up nothing for numbers at all. So we are now 50% on that, which is still higher than the effort Stewy gives on most nights.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

How does is hockeydb page look for this year?

Or does that fall into your "ignore the man behind the curtain" category, that seems to have everything that doesn't fit your Stewart narrative.

You've seen him play twice, but laugh at someone that lived in St. Louis and watched him play a lot.

You look at the evidence that you like, and literally laugh at the evidence you don't.

Good stuff. I like it. Enter politics.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Huge overpayment for Stewart.

A pick is OK for him . or mid level prospect/Caron.
But good Lord not Smith .

the rate Stewart is playing now, the Sabres, not the B`s would have to sweeten the pot considerably, guy is invisible

2 bloody points....and some here with the ol "perfect fit"......:shakehead

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I actually liked him until I saw him play on a nightly basis.

Perron too. Used to trade for both of those guys in my NHL 08 seasons.

Funny what actually seeing guys play will do for an opinion. I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means, just letting you know why myself along with many others think Stewart is not the answer.

He was traded to Buffalo much more recently than he was dealt to STL and put up nothing for numbers at all. So we are now 50% on that, which is still higher than the effort Stewy gives on most nights.

But, but, but he's big and physical, and he likes to fight. He fits every need the team has an opening for. You know, they want to get faster, so adding another slow guy is the answer. They want to score more, so adding a guy who can't score to save his life anymore is the answer.

Basically, this is a covert way the mouth breathing, knuckle draggers can use to get a guy who is willing to fight on the team, since all they care about are fights. Stewart brings zero to the table that they don't already have in spades. He's not the answer, ever.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
How does is hockeydb page look for this year?

Or does that fall into your "ignore the man behind the curtain" category, that seems to have everything that doesn't fit your Stewart narrative.

You've seen him play twice, but laugh at someone that lived in St. Louis and watched him play a lot.

You look at the evidence that you like, and literally laugh at the evidence you don't.

Good stuff. I like it. Enter politics.

Enter the contrarian lol. He/she is the one that keeps pointing out her expertise while putting down my stupid stats mumbo jambo. Yeah I get he doesn't have the biggest heart, but the fact is he can score and fight. Something that would fit nicely on the 1st line. And it does happen quite often that when a player is traded to a new team he responds with great play for the rest of that season. And I'd be depressed to if I had to play in buffalo

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I don't care who the **** you are playing with. If you are getting paid 4 million dollars a year and you have put up 2 points in 20 games without being injured in any way, I don't want you on my team.

There are 472 players in the NHL that have scored more points than him so far. I'm willing to bet a vast majority of them are getting paid less than Stewart is. And many of them are playing a much less significant role on their team and are getting significantly less ice time as well.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Enter the contrarian lol. He/she is the one that keeps pointing out her expertise while putting down my stupid stats mumbo jambo. Yeah I get he doesn't have the biggest heart, but the fact is he can score and fight. Something that would fit nicely on the 1st line. And it does happen quite often that when a player is traded to a new team he responds with great play for the rest of that season. And I'd be depressed to if I had to play in buffalo

The contrarian? Which one of us seems to be arguing with 90% of this thread?

And what gender is "Mike" usually assigned in Canada?

Putting down your stats mumbo jumbo? What are his stats this season? The season you want him on the team?

Some guys respond, some guys don't.

I get the argument for trading for him, you just keep saying things that aren't true and aren't a part of that argument. All while insulting and scoffing at people that have watched him play a lot. And brushing aside anything that points to this not being a good move.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
But, but, but he's big and physical, and he likes to fight. He fits every need the team has an opening for. You know, they want to get faster, so adding another slow guy is the answer. They want to score more, so adding a guy who can't score to save his life anymore is the answer.

Basically, this is a covert way the mouth breathing, knuckle draggers can use to get a guy who is willing to fight on the team, since all they care about are fights. Stewart brings zero to the table that they don't already have in spades. He's not the answer, ever.

Contrarian number two lol. The fact is that the last two guys on that line were big, snipers, and yes, could fight. Nice covert way of insulting the posters who like Stewart or fighting in the nhl. Good job! :yo:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Let's be honest for a change. You don't really care if he can actually score anymore, right? He can't, but since you don't want him for that, it doesn't matter. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad