Proposal: Reilly Smith to Buffalo for Chris Stewart and a 2nd rd draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This trade would greatly improve team toughness and the top line: then put Griffith on the 2nd line with Bergeron and Marchand!!!

Hell no.

This place is obsessed with Chris Stewart for some ungodly reason :help:

Bruin72

Mar 7, 2004
Cambridge< Ontario
Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.

This might violate the Geneva Convention.

you tell me who the B's can give up to get a power forward then lol unless your on the get rid of Loui bandwagon!!! Stewart is a good player just playing on a **** team!!! The Bruins are lacking grit and toughness!!!

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I kind of like it, the lack of toughness on this team is appalling, but I think you can get Stewart for less than Smith and I would look that way first. Buffalo isn't dealing any draft picks.

Spooner and Bartkowski would get this done for Stewart. You can then look to move Eriksson for cap relief and a third line wing with more cap friendly contract than Eriksson and that would bring some grit and skill to the third line. Philly right now may do Eriksson for B.Schenn straight up.

Needless to say, dump Gagne and bring up Robins or make a deal for a tough fourth line player.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
you tell me who the B's can give up to get a power forward then lol unless your on the get rid of Loui bandwagon!!! Stewart is a good player just playing on a **** team!!! The Bruins are lacking grit and toughness!!!

Chris Stewart sucks and so does this proposal.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I kind of like it, the lack of toughness on this team is appalling, but I think you can get Stewart for less than Smith and I would look that way first. Buffalo isn't dealing any draft picks.

Spooner and Bartkowski would get this done for Stewart. You can then look to move Eriksson for cap relief and a third line wing with more cap friendly contract than Eriksson and that would bring some grit and skill to the third line. Philly right now may do Eriksson for B.Schenn straight up.

Needless to say, dump Gagne and bring up Robins or make a deal for a tough fourth line player.

The above applies to both the original proposal and the Bart/Spooner one.

I would probably trade Loui straight up for Schenn, but isn't he a LW/C, which the B's already have about 50 of??

Kranium

Mar 9, 2014
Arvika, Sweden
When entering the forum i missed the part "proposal" reading just "Reilly Smith to Buffalo for Chris Stewart and a 2nd rd draft pick" and got a bad taste in my mouth.

iGetCarried*

And sir, you're our winner in the "Make the worst Bruins trade Proposal" contest.

What did you win?!?!?!

14 pages of being flamed on by other posters. Enjoy it!

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

The above applies to both the original proposal and the Bart/Spooner one.

I would probably trade Loui straight up for Schenn, but isn't he a LW/C, which the B's already have about 50 of??

He is but you can then move Kelly to fourth line center or have him play his off wing (Schenn)

Spooner is all done here and I am not a fan of Bartkowski. He played well the other night but he is not a player I want any where near this team if the D ever gets healthy. Morrow has passed him on the depth chart at this point, and moving him would free up 1.25 mil in salary

member 96824

Schenn's gotta be a center. The wing experiment hasn't been the strongest

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
2 points in 20 games for the "mystery man" this year. His next team won't be any better with him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad