Proposal: Reilly Smith to Buffalo for Chris Stewart and a 2nd rd draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Just for the record, Stewart is NOT a power forward by any means. He's soft on the boards and rarely uses his size. He's just a big guy who can score, when he actually cares to play.

There's a reason he keeps getting moved around.

Contrarian_Club_Medium.jpg

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Suggestion: If you're gonna propose trades, construct a reasonable deal that to get one of these guys and maybe you'll get some positive feedback and I won't choke on my tuna sandwich the way I just did (yeah, I know some play the L side):

Nick Foligno
Jaden Schwartz
Simmonds
Tarasenko (we'll never get him)
Hornqvist (see above)
Wheeler (I'll take him back)
Nyquist

Stewart for a 3rd rounder, a dozen pucks, a year's supply of NE Chowdah? That risk I take.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Lucic brings other skills to the table besides being willing to throw down. Stewart at this point, does not.

And in terms of labeling, maybe I didn't understand this, but wasn't it you calling people contrarians because they disagreed with you? Is that not the pot calling the kettle black? :laugh:

No. Contrarian because you disagree with most posters. And didn't know contrarian was insulting. Sorry. But calling posters who like to see a good spirited dust up "knuckledraggers" is insulting. Sad I have to point that out lol

member 96824

Suggestion: If you're gonna propose trades, construct a reasonable deal that to get one of these guys and maybe you'll get some positive feedback and I won't choke on my tuna sandwich the way I just did (yeah, I know some play the L side):

Nick Foligno
Jaden Schwartz
Simmonds
Tarasenko (we'll never get him)
Hornqvist (see above)
Wheeler (I'll take him back)
Nyquist

Stewart for a 3rd rounder, a dozen pucks, a year's supply of NE Chowdah? That risk I take.

I think the only acquirable name there is Foligno, but that's a guy I am DEFINITELY on board with.

Unless Hextall blowing up last night means Simmonds available(E4!)

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
No. I do like players that can stand up for themselves. But he is a proven scorer to. Kinda like lucic. Why do you revert to calling people names? Don't think it's right to call people knuckle draggers cause they like lucic. Stop labelling people when you have no idea lol

And Loui scored 70+ three times in Dallas. How's that looking now?

Look, Stewart had a good season once. That's great. But he's been unable to repeat that performance and got traded from a team with a very similar structure to the Bruins because he can't sustain good performance.

I wouldn't mind doing a pick and a meh prospect for him with salary retained. Stick him on the third line, give us some depth. But I'm sure as hell not trading a proven 22 year old 20 goal scorer with a team-friendly contract who's still an RFA this summer for him. Smitty is out producing Stewart right now by a huge margin. And makes 2.6 million less.

Stewart is nothing like Lucic. He doesn't use his body well, he has not sustained his goal-scoring abilities and he's currently playing terribly. Stop comparing the two. There's a reason one is on the worst team in the league and one isn't.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
What happens in the playoffs though, when the fighting is gone?

You've now just got an inconsistent scoring forward with low hockey IQ.

I LOVE the rough stuff, love it love it love it. I even love staged fights if the guys are good....give me McGratton vs. Boll any night of the week. But that stuff is for the 4th line.

What does Stewart bring to a playoff series that Griffith already doesn't? He's got size, but what does that matter if he doesn't use it outside of fights?

Your busted. Your chum thinks you are a knuckledragger. And since when can't a player change? Who knows, he might come here and turn into Horton. I'd be willing to give it a chance considering the price. Can't find a better deal.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
And Loui scored 70+ three times in Dallas. How's that looking now?

Look, Stewart had a good season once. That's great. But he's been unable to repeat that performance and got traded from a team with a very similar structure to the Bruins because he can't sustain good performance.

I wouldn't mind doing a pick and a meh prospect for him with salary retained. Stick him on the third line, give us some depth. But I'm sure as hell not trading a proven 22 year old 20 goal scorer with a team-friendly contract who's still an RFA this summer for him. Smitty is out producing Stewart right now by a huge margin. And makes 2.6 million less.

Stewart is nothing like Lucic. He doesn't use his body well, he has not sustained his goal-scoring abilities and he's currently playing terribly. Stop comparing the two. There's a reason one is on the worst team in the league and one isn't.
Great! Another guy who didn't read my posts. Go back if you dare and read my posts. Then comeback and argue with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad