Confirmed with Link: Reilly Smith + Marc Savard for Jimmy Hayes

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Just went 6 to midnight with this deal. Sweeney is all over the ****ing place, giving guys away, getting ridiculous returns, drastically overpaying with draft picks, stealing a great local player for a giant cherry.

Seriously though this deal is great for the Bruins. Gets rid of Smith and his **** contract and soft inconsistency. Brings in the local boy who's a behemoth. Hayes is going to do real well here IMO.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Not sure what to think. I was one of the few Smith fans. Sold low on him and bought high on Hayes IMO. If we cut a couple million in cap space in the process, I'm fine with it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
FANTASTIC DEAL.

Apparently the Bruins management has not been able to contact Smith to tell him he has been traded seeing as he is still MIA from last season.
yah, really good deal Colt:handclap:

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
Glad Smith is gone, that guy dragged down Bergy and Marchy so much last year, the amount of plays that died on his stick was truly impressive.

Know nothing about Hayes, but hope he at least plays with a bit of passion/intensity.

Hayes has a nice shot... big guy... I like this trade.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Total overpayment . Will be funny finishing behind Florida this year

weren't you the one just ranting and raving about rinaldo's 200+ hits?

damn glad you are already writing off the season.

Not a terrible trade, I think Smith is currently a little more skilled but whatever, we save some cap right?

Smith needed a change.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
YES SMITH IS GONE WUHUUUUUUUUUUU, Man I was thinking Lou is going to get traded, huh. :handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just went 6 to midnight with this deal. Sweeney is all over the ****ing place, giving guys away, getting ridiculous returns, drastically overpaying with draft picks, stealing a great local player for a giant cherry.

Seriously though this deal is great for the Bruins. Gets rid of Smith and his **** contract and soft inconsistency. Brings in the local boy who's a behemoth. Hayes is going to do real well here IMO.

I was a Smith guy from the start but you nailed it better than I could say with your second paragraph

If Sweeney gets Beleskey for $4 ish I'm good- need a D and back up goalie

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Smith has been gone ever since 'that' turnover last year. Can't even remember who it was against now

While we we're on the powerplay in a very important playoff hunt game, couldn't believe that lol.

And Savards cap gone. :handclap:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Have to say that I like Hayes a lot more than Smith, but that's like saying I like being kicked in the balls more than I like being punched in them...:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad