Player Discussion Reid Boucher

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Actually yeah, this is more likely to happen than Chaput or Megna going down.

Which is unfortunate. I think Gaunce has improved since the beginning of the season and generally Holden his own as a young player. Megna is just taking us space and opportunity from other more deserving players. Chaput would also really help Utica.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin
Granlund-Sutter-Burrows
Boucher-Gaunce-Megna

Would be what I would like to try.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin
Granlund-Sutter-Burrows
Boucher-Gaunce-Megna

Would be what I would like to try.

I would actually prefer to see Boucher-Gaunce-Burrows and see how that line does, putting Granlund-Sutter-Megna together (and cutting their ice-time significantly from where it's at right now).

The top 6 I can go with. I hate having the oldest top line in the NHL (by a 3 year margin), but that's what you get with idiots running the hockey team.

If Boucher is going to have any hope of success here he's going to need more than 8 minutes a night of ice-time.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I would actually prefer to see Boucher-Gaunce-Burrows and see how that line does, putting Granlund-Sutter-Megna together (and cutting their ice-time significantly from where it's at right now).

The top 6 I can go with. I hate having the oldest top line in the NHL (by a 3 year margin), but that's what you get with idiots running the hockey team.

If Boucher is going to have any hope of success here he's going to need more than 8 minutes a night of ice-time.

Would be cool to see Gaunce (and Boucher) put in a position to succeed.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Which is unfortunate. I think Gaunce has improved since the beginning of the season and generally Holden his own as a young player. Megna is just taking us space and opportunity from other more deserving players. Chaput would also really help Utica.

I agree, although Gaunce is probably better off getting big minutes in Utica rather than 8 or so minutes a game up here. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to send him down.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Is he better than Rattie? The Canes are ahead of us in the standings so we could have had either

From reports. Had you been able to combine two guys into one player. These two would compliment each other's deficiencies well. Rattie is a good skater but weak and poor offence. Boucher is a poor skater with good offensive instincts and not great defensively.
IMHO grabbing Boucher is better for the bottom 6 right now as the Canucks have similar players to Rattie in they skate well play decent defence and can't score. Boucher at least brings an element to the bottom 6 who can lift the puck more than 3"

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Rattie and Boucher have had similar production at lower levels, however, Boucher has had more success in the NHL. Apparently he has an elite shot which is something Canucks management is akin too.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not expecting great things and not expecting Willie to like him much ... but it's another warm body that improves our horrible organizational depth, so I guess that's good?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
C1V-v8UUkAA_i1l.jpg:large

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
At least these bozos did something. Have to wonder on the timing though ... like why now? Boucher was previously available and we passed on him. He hasn't done much since and suddenly LindenningBrod is interested? Just another example of absolute random asset management with no clear vision. They probably read an article criticizing their lack of movement on the waiver wire and were like: "Uh oh, better do something before the fans think we're even dumber."

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
At least these bozos did something. Have to wonder on the timing though ... like why now? Boucher was previously available and we passed on him. He hasn't done much since and suddenly LindenningBrod is interested? Just another example of absolute random asset management with no clear vision.

I don't think we passed on him, I think they had choice over us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad