Reid Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So January 1st he said a couple more practices. 8 days later he was sent down.

No, Jan 1 he said he would be ready "Next Week", Next week came and the Devils were carrying 7 defensemen (Greene, Fayne, Zidlicky, Merrill, Volchenkov, Salvador and Gelinas) and the only real option to come out was Gelinas.

But Gelinas was already getting limited action at that point as the 7th D-man. So there was no place there, Salavador and Volchenkov were playing hard 20 minute nights at that point and the Devils were in close 2-1 type games every night. No one in there right mind would sit either one of them at that point.

So there was no option but to send him down. You wouldn't put a player in who hasn't played in 2 months over one of the regulars...That doesn't even make an ounce of sense if that is what you are advocating.

That had nothing to do with Pete not playing him. He was NEVER "not played" he returned and found Merrill was firmly entrenched, Gelinas had this carnival sideshow thing going on with his shot, Greene, Zidlicky, Fayne and Merrill were all better top 4 options and Volchenckov and Salvador were the primary PK defensemen.

Again stop with the false narratives.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
then why was he taken #4 overall? either way, its the team's fault.

Wait...Taking the consensus pick at #4, a pick that was ranked #1 at the mid-term evaluations and it not panning out is the Teams fault?????????????????????

Not Larsson? The Team?

Not even a little Larsson? The Team?

Wowzer...This is a strange world.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
What if Larsson isn't capable of doing it?

He worked a lot on his skating last offseason and it was pretty noticeable in his time in Albany. I remember interviews where he said he still thinks he needs to work on it, and we know Lou likes to get involved in that kind of thing, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No way am I reaching for that this early in his career, but there are some things in his game I absolutely don't like. I think his overall skating and stride are massive issues and will limit how good he can be.

Brodin certainly looks like a solid Dman early on, but playing next to one of the best all-around D in the game certainly makes the transition an easier one. And his skating is ridiculously smooth.

Brodin is smoother and a heady/savy player.
Hamilton is so far advanced at this point, aside from pairing with Chara. He's an impact player.

Strome is going to be a sniper, something we lack at RW.

All vailid points and criticism at Conte and maybe player development.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Wait...Taking the consensus pick at #4, a pick that was ranked #1 at the mid-term evaluations and it not panning out is the Teams fault?????????????????????

Not Larsson? The Team?

Not even a little Larsson? The Team?

Wowzer...This is a strange world.

I might argue that a 21 year old defenseman, who shows worlds of promise, is pretty far from "not panning out". But, hey, that is just me...

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I might argue that a 21 year old defenseman, who shows worlds of promise, is pretty far from "not panning out". But, hey, that is just me...

I don't necessarily disagree. But it was said that if he fails it is the organizations fault for picking him...that is what I was addressing and that is what is ridiculous.

But on Larsson...

He hasn't shown a world of promise. He hasn't shown anything that is remotely elite, not even his passing is enough to make you say that kid is great...do I think he can be a good defenseman? No question about it, yes. Will he be a stud #1? Absolutely not. He doesn't have the tools...not offensively or defensively.

Is that the organizations fault? Of course not.

That is how I see it.

NC107*

I don't necessarily disagree. But it was said that if he fails it is the organizations fault for picking him...that is what I was addressing and that is what is ridiculous.

But on Larsson...

He hasn't shown a world of promise. He hasn't shown anything that is remotely elite, not even his passing is enough to make you say that kid is great...do I think he can be a good defenseman? No question about it, yes. Will he be a stud #1? Absolutely not. He doesn't have the tools...not offensively or defensively.

Is that the organizations fault? Of course not.

That is how I see it.

Even thou it isn't Reid Broucher I guess it is acceptable to wander off subject. Larsson needs to be given the chance to develop into what ever he might be as a defensemen. IMO deserves ice time in the NHL with the Devils or some other team. He is better than Beiner and I think at time Gionta. As for sefense maybe better than Harrold.
Lets give him a chance along with Josefson and Tedenby. Not the DeBoer way but play every night on decent lines. As for Reid Boucher he isn't ready yet nor is Gellinas but maybe by the pre-season camp we will be surprised..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad