Celtics/NBA Regular Season Part 2: No lead is safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Definitely a bad decision by Tatum. It takes everything the Sixer have to beat the Celtics without Brown. They don't scare me at all.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
White is too deep and maybe still out of bounds when Tatum commits to the move and when he has a chance to pass out of the shot there's 0.8 on the clock. Don't think it's a bad decision by Tatum, don't like the play where the player has 2 seconds and has to start with his back to the basket and on a part of the court where it's easy to bring a double

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't know, he could definitely get that ball to White. Sure I want Tatum taking the shot but not that one. But you're right the play never should have gone into the corner to begin with.

Reactions: Mione134

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The doom and gloom because the Sixers barely beat them, without Brown, and needing Embiid to drop 50+ is hilarious.

Celtics would win that series easily, just like they did in 2018 (2020 bubble means nothing despite sweeping them).

The sixers will never win a damn thing with the offense going through Embiid like it has.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The doom and gloom because the Sixers barely beat them, without Brown, and needing Embiid to drop 50+ is hilarious.

Celtics would win that series easily, just like they did in 2018 (2020 bubble means nothing despite sweeping them).

The sixers will never win a damn thing with the offense going through Embiid like it has.
It's not just because of this Sixers game.The lack of consistency and consistent excuse making all season is maddening

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's not just because of this Sixers game.The lack of consistency and consistent excuse making all season is maddening
Sure, but it's pretty evident they don't give a shit about the regular season.

As a fan, yeah it's frustrating to watch, but until I see them taking nights off or playing inconsistent in the playoffs, I'm not worried.

Assuming health, they probably have the deepest roster for guys 1-8.

As long as Mazzulla can make adjustments when needed, I'd be willing to bet them over the field.

Reactions: pgm16 and CDJ

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

As a fan, yeah it's frustrating to watch, but until I see them taking nights off or playing inconsistent in the playoffs, I'm not worried.

As long as Mazzulla can make adjustments when needed, I'd be willing to bet them over the field.
After having watched him all year, I would say there is zero chance of that. I can count the games where he made third quarter, or other significant adjustments, on one hand. They are so overconfident, I do no think they feel the need to make any, despite the foolishness of that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
they flip the switch when they need to, I’m not worried in a game where they’re missing multiple regulars

Bucks game last week should have shut ppl up until the playoffs

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Until they prove they have championship pedigree, I don't think they should be taking nights off, they haven't proven they can mail in the regular season and then turn it on for the playoffs.

Most of it is revisionist history as it stands. The games only don't mean anything when they lose. After the bucks game they talked up getting the 1 seed and then when they get blown off the court by a lesser team they talk about how the regular season doesn't matter. They just move the goalposts all season

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

I agree, we will know soon enough.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

As fans we should know that during the playoffs we will get 100% from each player for a full 48 minutes or longer if necessary., therefore they will never be inconsistent or take a night off during the playoffs.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Mavs eliminated after loss to the Bulls. Dallas went 9-17 after trading for Kyrie

😬

Reactions: mxcrossb

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

Sucks for Pritchard that there are 3 better guards on the roster than him but he's way better than his stats or playing time show. Need to get value for him in a trade this off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad