Celtics/NBA Regular Season Part 2: No lead is safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Noted fake tough guy Thanasis " I'm only on the team to keep my brother happy " Antetokounmpo got hit with a 1 game suspension.

FspUiBHWcAAfd1n

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I am still sick of RWIII's fragility and the Celtics' continued overconfidence. This is still an important game for seeding. He should not be rested.

I think they're genuinely concerned about him for the playoff run. So, with that. I don't mind them resting him. We need him going forward. Unfortunately with his fragility, this is what we'll have to deal with.

Reactions: Maine Fan and pgm16

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
They need to manage Robert Williams, they aren't winning the championship without him. The defense has been elite in 4 of the 5 games he's played since coming back.

I actually like the idea of a mid-season tournament, the regular season has been ruined for contenders since the Warriors broke the regular season wins record and lost in the finals, a shake up isn't a bad thing. Don't think the pool play is the best way to do it though. I would make it a East-West 2-15 Bracket with the 1 seed getting a first round bye and instead of cities bidding on who gets to host the all-star game it becomes who gets the final four. Also if a team not a top 4 seed wins it, they become the 4th seed and have homecourt advantage for the first round of the playoffs. Incentivize players and owners to want to win it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
former Raptors 905/Sioux Falls Skyforce (TOR/MIA) F Justin Champaigne signed by Brad Stevens to help fill the roster void since Maine's season ended late last week; this fills the 15 man roster slots;

Last edited:

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
They need to manage Robert Williams, they aren't winning the championship without him. The defense has been elite in 4 of the 5 games he's played since coming back.

I actually like the idea of a mid-season tournament, the regular season has been ruined for contenders since the Warriors broke the regular season wins record and lost in the finals, a shake up isn't a bad thing. Don't think the pool play is the best way to do it though. I would make it a East-West 2-15 Bracket with the 1 seed getting a first round bye and instead of cities bidding on who gets to host the all-star game it becomes who gets the final four. Also if a team not a top 4 seed wins it, they become the 4th seed and have homecourt advantage for the first round of the playoffs. Incentivize players and owners to want to win it.
Different mindset with him on the floor

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You know what's been really annoying? When you google Final Four or UConn, it brings up the women's scores as default. UConn is playing for the national championship tonight while the women's team lost a few weeks ago. I get what they're trying to do but if someone is googling UConn, obviously they're looking for the team in the damn championship game.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You know what's been really annoying? When you google Final Four or UConn, it brings up the women's scores as default. UConn is playing for the national championship tonight while the women's team lost a few weeks ago. I get what they're trying to do but if someone is googling UConn, obviously they're looking for the team in the damn championship game.
Sadly the men are overshadowed but hopefully after tonight the men will get the recognition they deserve.

Can’t wait to see the updated sign on I-84 near the Storrs exit. The sign always let us know we were close to our exit when we were visiting my grandparents.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am still sick of RWIII's fragility and the Celtics' continued overconfidence. This is still an important game for seeding. He should not be rested.
We have an excuse and a point to in RW III if the Celtics should lose the Championship. Everyone thinks it is a good idea to rest him for the playoffs because he is needed for them to win it all. I bet he misses half of the games because of some excuse. He might hit his small finger against the towel or something silly like that. Maybe he mentally won't feel like playing. What a waste.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
We have an excuse and a point to in RW III if the Celtics should lose the Championship. Everyone thinks it is a good idea to rest him for the playoffs because he is needed for them to win it all. I bet he misses half of the games because of some excuse. He might hit his small finger against the towel or something silly like that. Maybe he mentally won't feel like playing. What a waste.
then why are the Celtics a 2 seed and the defending Eastern Conference Champions w/ RW III, Maine fan, who is even remotely available to replace RW III when you now have a full 15 man roster now that u just added Champaigne, who is a more like a Brown/Tatum wing than a big..... this is why Center hasd become an obsolete term in pro basketball, even when Brad basically changed the philospohy to Wings/Bigs, etc..... it's also why you now will see any awards be positionless in this new CBA

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
then why are the Celtics a 2 seed and the defending Eastern Conference Champions w/ RW III, Maine fan, who is even remotely available to replace RW III when you now have a full 15 man roster now that u just added Champaigne, who is a more like a Brown/Tatum wing than a big..... this is why Center hasd become an obsolete term in pro basketball, even when Brad basically changed the philospohy to Wings/Bigs, etc..... it's also why you now will see any awards be positionless in this new CBA
You make a good point about how the Celtics missed the opportunity to replace RW III and get another big that can play most games. There rooster is full so they must live with RW III. Brad made a mistake, he knows it.

It is half time, the Celtics should not be behind. They can still win it.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille