Celtics/NBA Regular Season Part 2: No lead is safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I'm a little surprised at the extension. He's had a great run but if they flame out in the playoffs I would have thought they'd consider looking elsewhere. Not anymore. Maybe they thought the pressure of coaching for his job was a bigger risk.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm a little surprised at the extension. He's had a great run but if they flame out in the playoffs I would have thought they'd consider looking elsewhere. Not anymore. Maybe they thought the pressure of coaching for his job was a bigger risk.

Wyc can afford to replace him a million times over.

I think your last line nails why it makes sense. Less pressure, more internal power because the players knows he's sticking around. No worry about substitute teacher attitudes.

Reactions: Maine Fan

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I do not like it. He is a mediocre coach. The team does not have an identity. The defense is average. Should have let Vogel. or Stotts or someone else have the job. However, he is Tatum's guy.
A mediocre coach who is the coach of the team with the best record in the league. The team doesn't have an identity according to you, but are tied for the third best scoring offense in the league and take the second most three pointers per game in the league. That sounds like an identity to me. 4th best defensive rating in the league and 6th in opponents ppg as well so the defense isn't average either.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
A mediocre coach who is the coach of the team with the best record in the league. The team doesn't have an identity according to you, but are tied for the third best scoring offense in the league and take the second most three pointers per game in the league. That sounds like an identity to me. 4th best defensive rating in the league and 6th in opponents ppg as well so the defense isn't average either.
Wait for the playoff crash and burn, because it is coming. ...I still feel their d is mediocre, numbers be_____

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
TATUM: 55 POINTS 10 REBOUNDS 6 ASSISTS 1 STEAL ALL Star game record for points 184-175 Giannis so Mazzulla gets a win as well.... Tatum is the All Star MVP TONIGHT in UTAH

BROWN: Back from the cheekbone fracture so it looks like a mask going forward 35-14-5-2

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
TATUM: 55 POINTS 10 REBOUNDS 6 ASSISTS 1 STEAL ALL Star game record for points 148-136 Giannis so Mazzulla gets a win as well.... Tatum is the All Star MVP TONIGHT in UTAH

BROWN: Back from the cheekbone fracture so it looks like a mask going forward 35-14-5-2
I literally changed from watching the All-Star game to the XFL, because at least the XFL game featured players who were trying. The NBA should be embarrassed that they forced fans to pay money to watch that.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This is what I agree with about:

Robert Williams.

"Somehow, despite playing only 23 games on basically 20 minutes per game, he’s 3rd on the DPOY ladder on NBA.com. We’ve hit the point where the perception of Timelord is far different from the reality of Timelord. The injuries, the weird minutes, the missed games, it’s time for it to stop and for him to be unleashed, for his own good. I’m happy to wait for the playoffs for this to happen...but it actually has to HAPPEN. It can’t just be this consistent rollercoaster for a guy who, for at least the past few games, has looked a bit out of rhythm. I think he needs to prove this team can rely on him to be on the floor and handle big minutes during their championship window. No better time like the present, unleash the Timelord."

Written by someone else, I copied.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I literally changed from watching the All-Star game to the XFL, because at least the XFL game featured players who were trying. The NBA should be embarrassed that they forced fans to pay money to watch that.

It's so simple and so obvious what the NBA should do with its All-Star game: adopt the MTV Rock N' Jock basketball rules.

Reactions: CDJ

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
This is what I agree with about:

Robert Williams.

"Somehow, despite playing only 23 games on basically 20 minutes per game, he’s 3rd on the DPOY ladder on NBA.com. We’ve hit the point where the perception of Timelord is far different from the reality of Timelord. The injuries, the weird minutes, the missed games, it’s time for it to stop and for him to be unleashed, for his own good. I’m happy to wait for the playoffs for this to happen...but it actually has to HAPPEN. It can’t just be this consistent rollercoaster for a guy who, for at least the past few games, has looked a bit out of rhythm. I think he needs to prove this team can rely on him to be on the floor and handle big minutes during their championship window. No better time like the present, unleash the Timelord."

Written by someone else, I copied.
The reality of Time Lord is he is made of glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad