Regular season MVP for the Wild

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So, one game left in the regular season. We've had many great performances this season. The emergence of Granlund, great goaltenders, Niederreiter, Coyle.. List goes on. But who was the most valuable for us?

Poll open for 4 days. Discuss.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Mike Rupp, he just increased our chances of winning playoff games exponentially.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Lots of crucial pieces helped get this team where it's at, but I'm going to say Parise.

Honorable Mention to:

The Goaltenders all sharing it (a la William Jennings Trophey)
Koivu
Suter

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Ryan Suter. Played all the games with his good safe game. Althought he was not amazing spetacular and did some mistakes, he did his job and again was a horse most of the year and when we needed him.

H.M: Parise, Koivu, Scandella had nice seasons, in both zones.

Harding would easily take this Award if it wasn't for his MS complications.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Suter. Pominville would have been a good choice too. Also, goaltending in general would have worked since everyone who played in net for us this year pulled their weight. Backstrom had his moments, sure, but Kuemper, Harding and Bryz were champs.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
My vote goes to Suter. A guy who plays 30 minutes a night, puts up nice stats, is gritty when needed and is a great leader.

Also, if you think someone should be added to the poll, let me know.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If Bob Mason were an option, I would've chose him.

I went with Pominville. He's played in all 81 games and gave us a constant scoring threat when other top players went down with injury.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Scandy has really been excellent this year. Huge step forward. Has played like a legit top 4 defenseman.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Suter.

I've liked a number of our players this season: Koivu, Poms, Nino, Scandy, Parise.

But IMO, the one player that we would have REALLY been screwed without is Suter.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Suter

The most improved player(s) would be Scandella (I really like what he's done this season) and Granlund.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
You can't see the voters because I made the poll that way. I didn't think it was necessary.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
If somebody votes for Prosser, that's fine. I, too, am curious why, but if he/she wants to do it anonymously, that's fine too.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
My heart wanted me to say Harding, and for a while he was the reason we were winning games, but he was only the story of half the season, the other half was Kuemper and Bryzgalov.

The only true constant all season was our team defense playing well in front of those goalies, and Suter was the leader there, so I chose him.

Cluttered

Jul 16, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
my vote was for pommers, but suter was a close second.
my reasoning hinges on the fact that i see the wild's offensive game as the biggest improvement from last season, and pommers was not only the most consistent scorer, but his chemistry with granlund was a big part of the youngster stepping up his play this year.
had parise been healthy all year, i would have gone with him because he's so darn clutch.
ask me to vote for the most improved though? impossible. so pleased with all of the young guys.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Little surprised to see Mikko with 0 votes, to be honest. He would have probably been my 2nd choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad