Post-Game Talk: Regular Season Game #1: Pens @ Caps | 4/26/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'll miss at least the first tonight at work, but I hope they come out angry and make the Pens play their game. I swore I wouldn't get too invested this year but it's hard not to when they're playing the Pens. Go Caps!

I hope they come out calm and collected rather than angry. Anger clouds judgment and is almost never good in team sports.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I’d said this before go full turn the other cheek, still hit and watch the Pens lose it.

Keith Jones just said this year feels different, likes the Caps.

So was 2016 and 2017, blah, blah, blah. This season feels the same as the last two, good team, not good enough.

Caps tried hitting in 2016 lost, tried NOT hitting in 2017 lost.

Would love to eat crow.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well, let’s hope DSP brings you more servings. ;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The way I look at it if the Pens slightly underperform AND the Caps slightly overperform it’s anyone’s series. If the Pens overperform OR the Caps underperform then there’s practically zero chance the Caps advance.

I’ll include puck luck and reffing in my definition of “performance” above.

With that said I’m certainly curious to see how this plays out. Malkin being out G1 is a golden opportunity for the Caps. I expect these performance “rules” to be largely nullified by his absence.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They’re really showing the handshake lines from each series....you sons of ****es NBC!

Just spit in my face...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad