Post-Game Talk: Regular Season Game #1: Pens @ Caps | 4/26/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Will go bet that now. I am thinking over, as well.

Interesting reading up on how useless an injured Simmonds was in the playoffs.

It's exactly my case with Oshie. As long as injured players are effective, I don't give a rats ass if they squirt blood when they skate. But how many games of not meeting reasonable expectations is wise for a coach to witness, while stuck in the 2nd round for 20 years.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Will go bet that now. I am thinking over, as well.

Interesting reading up on how useless an injured Simmonds was in the playoffs.

It's exactly my case with Oshie. As long as injured players are effective, I don't give a rats ass if they squirt blood when they skate. But how many games of not meeting reasonable expectations is wise for a coach to witness, while stuck in the 2nd round for 20 years.

An injured Oshie was our best player in Game 5. If he was capable of such a performance, he should stay on the ice.

An injured Couturier scored a hat trick and 6 points in 2 games with a torn MCL.

If Oshie can play without too much risk of aggravating his injury, he should play.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
An injured Oshie was our best player in Game 5. If he was capable of such a performance, he should stay on the ice.

An injured Couturier scored a hat trick and 6 points in 2 games with a torn MCL.

If Oshie can play without too much risk of aggravating his injury, he should play.

Not disputing any of that.

I said all along, as long as they are effective, it doesn't matter if they are injured. Maybe pushing as hard as he did in game 5, had a hand in what g00n saw in game 6.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
No prediction from me. Just gonna enjoy every second of the game. I think we're lucky to have a team that performs well during the season and participates in almost every playoffs. While others are constanly in rebuilding mode...At least we have a hope every year.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not a RMNB guy but this post is spot on. I've been the conductor on the optimism train thus far -- everyone else hop on board! Let's ****ing do this.

I’m not sure I can get too overly optimistic, but I sure don’t have that sense of dread I’ve had before. I feel as good about their chances as ever. Play the games, see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Holtby looked great against CBJ so that should be encouraging

He was basically average against Toronto last year so that could explain why he crapped the bed against Pitt

I think Holtby will be fine and now that we have more speed, we can slow their transition game and take advantage of it

The Toronto Tip-ins almost beat us last year in 7 and Holts was not good and with his confidence shaken, couldn't steal a game against the Pens. Then he was average to below average most of the regular season this year and definitely was lit-up against the Pens in the games he played. Hope him playing well the last few games will have his confidence higher than last year. Could be the Pens are his kryptonite like he is for the Bruins.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I want a soft-pretzel with that sauce......

But seriously, Caps are going to have the fight of their lives tonight....

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
I'll miss at least the first tonight at work, but I hope they come out angry and make the Pens play their game. I swore I wouldn't get too invested this year but it's hard not to when they're playing the Pens. Go Caps!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Need the team to step up and play their best hockey, no more sleep through like they did against Columbus. We need Backstrom neutralize their first line, Kuzy take advantage of shrek being out and Eller be better than a ranger. We must to win the first games while their line up isn't fully ready yet

Is that all? ;)

I just can't get past the fact that the Pens are actually better this season than last and I don't really think the Caps are. It all comes down to Holtby, if he plays ok Caps lose, if he stands on his head the Caps can win. Pens are not the Jackets, so I have my doubts about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad