Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's a fair way to look at it. I just hope that changes sometime :D

The Vita was worth it on the basis of Persona 4 Golden alone and Persona 5 is the only game released outside of the mid-late 90s in my personal top 5. I sincerely hope Sony gave Atlus a shit-ton of money to keep that game exclusive, because there is not a single good reason Persona 5 Royal shouldn't be on the Switch otherwise. 100+ hour JRPGs are unquestionably best played on a handheld system.

Well. Unquestionably in normal circumstances. Considering the self-quarantine...a 100+ hour couch JRPG doesn't sound so bad right now.
It is nice to be able to play something at work over lunch. jrpgs are perfect for that. Fire emblem and Valkyrie Chronicles were both good work games for sure. DQ will be too assuming I ever go back to work :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I feel like the only person on the planet who grew up with and still loves Nintendo, yet has not enjoyed a single Zelda game.

They aren't really my favorite and haven't really been a crucial part of my video game background but I remember a few of them fondly and I find them to be a nice switchup from my usual fare.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I will not let @ColePens stomp on my amendment rights about political parties. My party, The Peoples of Eternia, would never have let this get this bad.

It's not so much young or old people gathering in large groups at that hike in Vancouver that's the issue, it's that you're still at risk of spreading the virus and those "younger people" will still come in contact with others or get the virus themselves. It's trying to reduce the spread. People trying to fight the quarantine are picking the dumbest time to feel like they're rebel bad asses by still going out to these gatherings.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The only thing i'll disagree with is that the trap bar DL/Squat (to me it's a variation of both) is amazing. It's full body and great for athletes. My legs are stroooooonnng from it.

I feel like the usefulness of the DL is really sport specific. We do a lot of DLs at my judo club because of needing to box out and get your hips back while maintaining balance, for training your body to throw from the feet up for tachi-waza, and also because having a strong back is very necessary for throws obviously like suplexes, but also for throws like tai-otoshi, where you need to keep your back straight and strong despite having a lot of weight on it.

Also, heavy DL's are great for your forearms and grip, especially in combination with farmer's carries and pinch pullups.

Reactions: ColePens

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I feel like the only person on the planet who grew up with and still loves Nintendo, yet has not enjoyed a single Zelda game.
I have liked most Zelda's but not loved them as much as a lot of people. Ocarina was really good, though I don't like it as much as most people do. Windwaker and Twilight Princess were good but never really grabbed me. And I just didn't like Skyward Sword at all. But I thought BotW was great, and A Link to the Past is one of my all time favorite games. It helps that it's a game I can play through in a weekend without any trouble. I wish more games were shorter honestly. I'd generally rather spend $30 on a 10 hour game than $60 on 50+ hour game.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
They aren't really my favorite and haven't really been a crucial part of my video game background but I remember a few of them fondly and I find them to be a nice switchup from my usual fare.

The weird thing to me is that I was surrounded by Zelda games as a child, when Nintendo was the only thing that mattered to me, and even then I couldn't stand those games.

Apparently for me to enjoy a game with swords in it, I need the attacks to come from menus. I'm trying to think of the last game I played where I controlled a character with a sword as their primary weapon that didn't have a turn-based system and I'm drawing a blank. You couldn't pay me to play a Souls game. The chainsaw in the Doom games are really the only melee weapon of any kind that I actually like using.

To put it another way...I adore Fire Emblem. Put those sword boys & girls into Smash and I won't touch them.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@billybudd

Dood.
So.... you are telling me there are thousands of planes flying around as virtually ghost planes? JUST SO THEY DON'T LOSE THEIR LICENSES!!??

That can't be real. Then I looked again right now... yep, still thousands of planes flying around the world? Who is on them? That can't be!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I feel like the usefulness of the DL is really sport specific. We do a lot of DLs at my judo club because of needing to box out and get your hips back while maintaining balance, for training your body to throw from the feet up for tachi-waza, and also because having a strong back is very necessary for throws obviously like suplexes, but also for throws like tai-otoshi, where you need to keep your back straight and strong despite having a lot of weight on it.

Also, heavy DL's are great for your forearms and grip, especially in combination with farmer's carries and pinch pullups.
okay, so let's say I want to be better at quick short sprints and jumping. What do I do?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Breath of the Wild is f***ing amazing. It totally slays.
A Link To The Past.

giphy.gif

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Italy's deaths actually declined vs. yesterday.

This is probably the best news from just a numbers standpoint we've heard in a little while.

The latest out of Prague is that the Ministry of Health might consider gradually consider re-opening shops if we manage to keep the total of infections under 8500 for the next few weeks. I really don't know if that's possible, but I'd rather like it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad