Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
trying to digest a lot of this infectious disease stuf...contamplating whther to hit the gym this morning or not...and just dawn on me to look up what's going on with Lucas Bengtsson....good news playing for SKA in KHL 26 games 13 pts +8,
played 4 games in playoffs 3 points +1

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
My roomate really doesnt want me to go to the gym so I think im just going to get some resistance bands. I've been looking into them and they are apparently solid alternatives to weights. Might be a game changer for me.

Reactions: ColePens

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Gym less risky than grocery store. Just go off peak hours and stay out of locker room.

Reactions: Jacob

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
What happens? Details

I ordered the DVDs back in September of 2016 and began the regimen set out by the program. Within weeks my core became stronger and I even grew an inch and a half due to my wobbly spine strengthening and straightening out. The program offers many modifications and even the most useless of tit can partake in the exercises. I hated DDP as a wrestler but his cornball delivery is quite refreshing and some of his success stories have been incredible.

This video did it for me:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Grocery stores also represent a necessity that gyms don't.

You can work out at home. I can't buy breakfast from my pantry.

That said...this is one time LA comes in advantage for me. Grocery delivery services are so plentiful that there are even ethical options that treat their delivery people like *gasp* humans deserving of empathy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We went to the Asian market and it is pretty much untouched and empty. Good find for us, but sad that people are ignorant enough for that to be the case.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Lockdown status:

Day 1: Terrible.
Day 2: Terrible and boring
Day 3: So far, boring.

This friggin' sucks.

Reactions: EightyOne

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
My steady paycheck job is helping manage a small grocery store. So how do you think I feel? I typically work away from the customers but that is small comfort.

Those four weeks of vacation are looking mighty tempting right now...

And yes people are being utter assbags, even in a smaller store such as this. Can confirm.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sure, but there's more likely to be droplets on stuff at the gym where people are heavy breathing and using shared equipment.

For a virus that is contracted the way this is...yeah. The droplets are what can do the most damage. This isn't an airborne illness.

You're also contagious for days before showing any symptoms, so...yeah. Avoid the damn gym for a couple weeks. We're all giving up things we want to be doing.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My steady paycheck job is helping manage a small grocery store. So how do you think I feel? I typically work away from the customers but that is small comfort.

And yes people are being utter assbags, even in a smaller store such as this. Can confirm.
Yep, people are the worst. It's so weird how I like almost every person I ever talk to, but people suck so much as a whole.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Apropos of nothing...I can't even imagine how shitty the tour that I was supposed to go on is going. Fully half of the tour couldn't even make it to Europe, but they went ahead with it because the official call took too damn long to be made and now basically everything we were supposed to do has been shut the **** down. The other half of the group is likely looking at a couple weeks of self-quarantining in hotels and awaiting another quarantine when they go back to their home countries...all because the company didn't want to be responsible and do the obviously right thing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Gym less risky than grocery store. Just go off peak hours and stay out of locker room.
thats what I am leaning towards...The virus cannot survive more than hour...then clean it well before and after should be OK methink
it's probably not much different than other group settings where you touch things, but imo it is just too easy to work around needing the gym to justify it. I need the grocery store to get food, but I can do some different exercises that don't need the gym for a few weeks. The less risk the better imo.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I was at the store and of course I pick the one with the older lady that can barely get through life. She was in her 50-60's. Smelled awful. Couldn't count. Incredibly disrespectful. She counted her 45 cents out or whatever it was, then she said here is the 45 cents, and the cashier said no it's 65 cents. So she had to count her pennies again. Then she was 3 cents short. All hell broke loose. She tried to put it on her foot stamp card and it declined. Then she tried some other card that was declined. Then she said 'I'll come back and give you 3 cents, let me go' but the cashier was like, 'what do you mean "let you go"' so she said it again, "I'll come back, let me go" and the cashier again said "what do you mean 'let you go?"'. Then they both got mad -and everyone else in the line- and the cashier started asking for change from the other cashiers. Nobody had 3 cents. So then the lady said, all this over 3 cents? and she said fine, take something off then. So the cashier said, "well what do you want to take off" so then the lady started digging through bags... and finally a cashier came over and said here, put it on my card, after she saw the 5 minute checkout for a 30 dollar purchase.

The lady didn't thank anyone. Was pissed off about the 3 cents and after she was putting the bags back in her cart she took out she was dropping stuff all over the floor and cursing.

People have lost their damn minds out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad