Post-Game Talk: Refs win another, remain undefeated in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
MJ kept mentioning Tavares was dealing with a health issue last night. He was asked about it post game, reporter said he looked in discomfort at times on bench "it was just an equipment issue, physically I feel great".

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Those two are like oil and water imo…….

They showed an interesting stat line last night on the broadcast.

Brodie's GA/60 away from Rielly, was better than when he's with Rielly.
Rielly's GA/60 away from Brodie, was worse than when he's with Brodie.

Rielly is an exceptionally skilled offensive D, who is also terrible defensively. This is nothing new.

Somehow this organization has been searching for years, to find the right full time partner for Rielly. Brodie did ok for a time, but time has caught up to him, and he can no longer mask Rielly's deficiencies. Schenn did well with him last year... logic would have dictated... but not at $2.75 mil.

Reactions: OddyOh and rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They showed an interesting stat line last night on the broadcast.

Brodie's GA/60 away from Rielly, was better than when he's with Rielly.
Rielly's GA/60 away from Brodie, was worse than when he's with Brodie.

Rielly is an exceptionally skilled offensive D, who is also terrible defensively. This is nothing new.

Somehow this organization has been searching for years, to find the right full time partner for Rielly. Brodie did ok for a time, but time has caught up to him, and he can no longer mask Rielly's deficiencies. Schenn did well with him last year... logic would have dictated... but not at $2.75 mil.
It’s why I want Peeke, he’s going to be cheap, is defensively minded, on a good contract with term and plays a “Ron Haisey” ish type of game.

Lets be honest, no cup team wants the likes of Gio, Brodie, and Timmins occupying defensive positions, two thirds are past their best before date and one has questionable potential……..

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It’s why I want Peeke, he’s going to be cheap, is defensively minded, on a good contract with term and plays a “Ron Haisey” ish type of game.

Lets be honest, no cup team wants the likes of Gio, Brodie, and Timmins occupying defensive positions, two thirds are past their best before date and one has questionable potential……..

Peeke of 21/22 would be an amazing acquisition... I wonder if he'll get his game back after a move.

Brodie on his left side, without Mo, has been quite good.
Gio I agree, the Best Before Date has expired.

Timmins potential is questionable, more due to durability issues, than necessarily ability... we haven't seen him in long enough stretches to really know what we have. His on Ice results, actual goals scored against when he is out there, are nearly the best on the team. I know some people don't like the stat, but his xGA is best on the team. (For D). He makes gaffes, that we remember and that's what we think about, but overall, the results for the team are quite good when he's out there. Smallish sample signs are challenging though.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
4th line was mostly great again last night.

The first line was just OK and gave the other side nothing but a goal or two would have been nice! (j/k, they get a bit of rope as they have been crazy good for the last month)

2nd and 3rd lines got filled in again and, despite the fanfare from some, are beginning to show a trend of tilting the ice for the other teams overall. I got a feeling there are going to be some unhappy folks around here if Jarkroks return sparks a return to certain lines that have been really effective despite the weird takes they have not. At least another game with this setup though IMO. The D didnt really help those lines out this game either.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
MJ kept mentioning Tavares was dealing with a health issue last night. He was asked about it post game, reporter said he looked in discomfort at times on bench "it was just an equipment issue, physically I feel great".
Not buying it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Not sure what the criteria is, guessing certain amount of games played. This isn't unique to the Leafs, don't see the harm in it.
I imagine Dermott has already been back and had his.
To me video tribute should be special and just anybody who played a certain number of games.

Reactions: OddyOh and ACC1224

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I got a feeling half the players on these teams play through injuries during a season and we never hear about them (for obvious reasons).

It's like Matthews last year playing through his wrist or whatever and they didnt tell us until later.

Reactions: ACC1224

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
OMG I did not expect that sh*t show at Scotia last night .. clearly a much better road team .. let's start with Keefer .. he probably threw himself outta that game cause he knows deep down he f*cked that one up for da team .. put oil and water on same D pair to play a grind it out game against a big nasty forechecking team .. Rielly and Brodie simply can't ever be matched up ever again .. while i gave Rielly a massive standing O before game, like most of us in 2nd deck by da way for those folks who were not there, he played maybe da worst defensive game i have seen him play in a couple years .. we likely f*cked him up with da ovation as he went on da attack from puck drop and cost team 2 goals all by himself .. Brodie can no longer even remotely cover up for Rielly .. he is only a 2nd or 3rd pair left handed D now at best .. that my friends is what cost team da game Keefer's decision

then lets move to Tre because heh Tre you are acting too slowly here .. everyone in hockey knows you need to get a right handed D partner for Rielly and last night you let us subscribers down big time and you let your coach down too .. Shanny smarten up wakey wakey

Now to JT .. folks in Hot Stove before game were saying JT is hurt .. dude if you are hurt then man sit yourself down a few games and recover .. we can't have you giving teams goals against like da one you handed to Vegas last night .. complete terrible decision with da blind pass in our end .. omg JT that was house league stuff .. naylor would benched you in bantam for that unforgiveable pass .. you can do much better .. that was a lazy play

Blaming Sammy is not da answer as our hero D pair were giving up great chances by da bucket load every shift .. other D were fine

Matty and Mitch got shutdown like in a playoff game .. same sh*t will occur again .. good news now is Bert Domi and Willy played well and created chances .. and their tender made some good saves .. but that 2nd line is what we will need to score in playoffs

Da 4th line was great .. what can you day but bravo

And special thanks to da ref for sucking whatever life we had right outta us .. well done again Bettman

On to da next one and get your sh*t together Keefer .. lets not lose game at puck drop again

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Starting to feel like Robertson is the odd man out when Jarnkrok comes back.

He's been non-existent and he doesn't make sense to have as a 4th line tweener based off his play style

The best both Robertson and Jarnkrok have looked on a line this year is with Domi in the middle.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Starting to feel like Robertson is the odd man out when Jarnkrok comes back.

He's been non-existent and he doesn't make sense to have as a 4th line tweener based off his play style
It will be between McMann and him. I personally think Robertson is more effective but totally okay with platooning those two guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad