Post-Game Talk: Refs try their best to help the Sabres but it's not enough. Leafs win 5-3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
The Leafs deserved the win and they got it. Hopefully this can spark them even more and keep on rolling!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Great game boys. This team is something else man. I really gotta give it to them. To be able to play an NHL team is tough already, to have the refs against you as well is just another level of adversity. Well f***ing done boys.

Matthews with 2 beauty goals. Team played a game man. Hope Dermott is okay. Okposo hit was terrible display of officiating.

JT being hooked 3 times in one shift is not called but a stick gets stuck in his glove and he gets a penalty.

35 minutes of pure domination in the first 40 minutes only results in 1 PP? Travesty I tell you.

Nevertheless. 2 huge points against divisional rival.

Next game Friday.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
Other than the refs, the Leafs absolutely dominated the Sabres. Ther needs to be an outside investigation into the league officiating. It's becoming pretty obvious that the NHL is trying to assist its American teams.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Normally that third period would really concern me, but I still think this was a dominate performance and I didn’t mind our game in the third.

JT line was a force shift after shift.

Matthews was his nastiest, great game.

Goat best game of the year, not a fan but credit due.

That’s a winning formula tonight, we’re transitioning from the inevitable coaching uptick to a more instructive read.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I usually keep myself out of the whole refs suck thing....but sometimes they earn it. They ****ing earned it tonight.

I try to do the same, but tonight the officiating was awful. The call on Tavares, the non-call when Dermott was drilled in the numbers...that's hard to play against.

Reactions: The Apologist

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Do folks still believe that there isn't bias officiating against the Leafs? It's been happening for a few years now since the team became good. 2-1 PP advantage for the Sabres despite the Leafs dominating the game for 50 minutes.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
dominant 2 periods, foot off the gas in the 3rd.

timely ENG.

2 points.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Pretty easy game. The Leafs dominated all game.
Phantom call on Tavares and missed (insert one of the 3-4 penalties here) with that hit on Dermott; gave the Sabres a glimpse of hope. Talent wins out.

Reactions: weems and meng666
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad