Post-Game Talk: Refs try their best to help the Sabres but it's not enough. Leafs win 5-3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I don't think he missed anytime, but I could be wrong. My feeling is that he returned that game, but really guessing there.
Agreed on the danger part, but it wasn't a dirty hit at all other than maybe a tad late, and that's borderline.
I think since leafs nation is hot about the refereeing currently, and a fairly league wide acceptance that Boston gets calls and gets away with no calls gives that particular play more heat.
End of the day the hit on dermott was dirty and deserved a penalty and that's what bothers me. It was a dangerous hit and dirty, from behind, and was not called.
McAvoy was just returning from a concussion from my recollection

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Let's not blame the victim. As you say the hit was late. It was from behind. It was to a defenceless player. He planted his elbow to Dermott's back. And it could have been avoided.

If Leafs are not going to acquire players to respond to these hits, let's get the PP tuned up so that players think twice about taking these cheap shots. Then again, the blind refs did not even call a penalty. #AreYouKiddingMe ??
Im not blaming anyone. If you look at the replay Dermott makes the pass then admires it for almost 2 seconds! If he makes the pass and takes 1 step to either side Okposo slams in to the boards. This play happens all the time in hockey. Dermott failed to do that here and got hit late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad