Refs need to start showing Kreider respect

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The entire goalie interference thing needs to be re-worked and looked it. Sadly, it seems like almost 99.9% of the the penalty is called, the defender pushes the player into his own netminder.

they should give refs the ability to review that particular penalty after the play, especially if the puck goes in the net.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
You mean the slowass Stepan that has been an integral part of almost every good Kreider scoring chance this past year?

:rolleyes:

The amount of crap Stepan gets here is really comical

it is true that Step is a very slow skater with an average shot.

But he's got a very good hockey IQ... I think he is just out of shape... You can tell that his mind makes him do things his body can't execute properly

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
It's probably been said already, but if not;

1. Refs don't have the benefit of slow-mo instant replay like we do.
2. He extended his elbow on contact, making it an easy call for the ref.

He's gota play smarter, then he'll get the benefit of the calls.

LGR!!!!!

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
It's probably been said already, but if not;

1. Refs don't have the benefit of slow-mo instant replay like we do.
2. He extended his elbow on contact, making it an easy call for the ref.

He's gota play smarter, then he'll get the benefit of the calls.

LGR!!!!!
Dude, if someone came up behind you and pushed you, your arms would immediately go up. It's instinctual, try it!

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
That was a total blown call. He was pushed into Fluery. The Rangers and Kreider specifically are not getting a positive resolution in a million years.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Dude, if someone came up behind you and pushed you, your arms would immediately go up. It's instinctual, try it!

Arms might extand outward, but the left, and ONLY the left elbow extended upward.

Regardless of the reason, the optics were that he appeared to intend to hit Fleury. In that split second, that's all a ref needs to make a call.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Who is Krieder and why does he deserve any benefit of the doubt from the refs? Why do the refs "need" show him respect?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Who is Krieder and why does he deserve any benefit of the doubt from the refs? Why do the refs "need" show him respect?

They dion't, they simply need to learn how to make the correct call. They blew that one. Guy gets pushed from behind while going hard to the net, and then pretty much avoids all but incidental contact with the goalie while scoring and the goal is waived off? Ridiculous.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
when i watched the play live...i thought it was a good call..upon seeing the replay it was a terrible call.

i think those plays should be reviewable...especially when the puck goes in the net.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm completely okay with a penalty here and there and a disallowed goal for going too hard to the net. This team absolutely needs somebody with some fire that is right on the surface all the time. Kreider has added a really vital aspect to the team by coming back with that kind of game. Don't soften up. He'll get smarter about where the line is on certain calls with time.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Because he get's penalized for hockey plays, I don't think **** like that should be punished; it's removing elements of the game.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Because he get's penalized for hockey plays, I don't think **** like that should be punished; it's removing elements of the game.
I do not disagree. My only point, and maybe it did not come across correctly, was that it has nothing to do with the refs showing Kreider respect. But with making correct calls. Krieder has a very long way to go before the refs pay him any extra mind. All hockey plays should just be hockey plays without being penalized. But it is not like Kreider is getting singled out more than anyone else.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Yeah, I don't agree with the thread title. It's not a matter of showing Kreider respect, it's a matter of getting the ****ing calls right.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I do not disagree. My only point, and maybe it did not come across correctly, was that it has nothing to do with the refs showing Kreider respect. But with making correct calls. Krieder has a very long way to go before the refs pay him any extra mind. All hockey plays should just be hockey plays without being penalized. But it is not like Kreider is getting singled out more than anyone else.

IMO--it should have been a goal. If it were Jonathan Toews or Sidney Crosby or even Craig Adams or Dominic Moore it should have been a goal. If it were Crosby or Malkin it probably would have been a goal. When Malkin interferes Lundqvist on Neal's goal earlier in the series (which should have been called back)--it was a goal.

But as far I'm concerned NHL refereeing leaves a lot to be desired. It shouldn't be a matter of currying favor or having more tenure as a player--officiating should be even handed and as beyond reproach as possible--no matter the player--whether he's been in the league 10 years or is a rookie playing his first game--whether he's a star or not.

As far as this particular play goes it happened so fast IMO that the official wasn't really sure what the hell he saw other than Fleury going back on his ass. The fact of the matter is he didn't see it very well at all because he made the wrong call.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Ok, this is also true.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Big Kreider fan BUT i dont think any player deserves special treatment. I didnt agree with either penalty he got BUT in the end it showed a lot of fire in not only kreider but the whole team

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yep. Infuriating. However, you can see on his face now that Kreider is very close to becoming an elite, star NHL forward. He finally realizes now that he's bigger, faster and stronger than just about every NHL forward. What he needs now is a legit center that can keep up with him instead of slowass Stepan.

Don't worry, I'm for sure Stepan will be gone this off season. He's exactly what you said.....too slow. Doesn't fit into AV's system. Regardless of "how good" he is both ways. Sather will jump on it as well, because of holdout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad