Refs need to start showing Kreider respect

richardsequalscup*

I've grown tired of these refs, time after time, calling Kreider for running into goalies because he whips these slow defenseman who push him into their own goalie. This must have happened 7 to 10 times this season. These refs need to wake up and realize the dumb defenseman are pushing Kreider into their goalie because their slow behinds keep getting toasted.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Kreider gets ****ed by the refs a lot.

Remember when the two Habs ran into each other and Kreider got called to negate a PP? ahahahah

richardsequalscup*

Yep. Infuriating. However, you can see on his face now that Kreider is very close to becoming an elite, star NHL forward. He finally realizes now that he's bigger, faster and stronger than just about every NHL forward. What he needs now is a legit center that can keep up with him instead of slowass Stepan.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Kreider clearly has an attitude on the ice. Sadly, an attitude is always considered a bad attitude, and referees will call penalties on those players.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
that play happened super fast. It's a blown call but I can totally see how they made it. I think the linesman blew an offsides call on Niskanen who did a great job keeping the puck in on one play. We got screwed in the last 2 minutes where the Pens got away with about 4 penalties but we fought through and persevered. Let's get 'em Monday! We don't want to disappoint all those Philly fans who want to see Pittsburgh lose :sarcasm:

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
The entire goalie interference thing needs to be re-worked and looked it. Sadly, it seems like almost 99.9% of the the penalty is called, the defender pushes the player into his own netminder.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
The entire goalie interference thing needs to be re-worked and looked it. Sadly, it seems like almost 99.9% of the the penalty is called, the defender pushes the player into his own netminder.

In addition the league needs to take a hard look at the embellishment. Seriously, it is getting to soccer levels now. I am sick and tired of seeing a guy getting hooked at his stick and going down like he was shot. There is no reason to fall if your stick is being lifted, I think it was Letang tonight who did it on a partial breakaway and drew a penalty, but it was such an obvious dive. His stick got tugged, he felt it and suddenly his legs were over his head.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Yep. Infuriating. However, you can see on his face now that Kreider is very close to becoming an elite, star NHL forward. He finally realizes now that he's bigger, faster and stronger than just about every NHL forward. What he needs now is a legit center that can keep up with him instead of slowass Stepan.

You mean the slowass Stepan that has been an integral part of almost every good Kreider scoring chance this past year?

:rolleyes:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider got ****ed over here. It was amazing he got the shot off as it was after getting hit from behind but that puck really never left his stick until he got the shot away. Should have been a goal.

Stepan had his best game of the series tonight.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Everyone busts on Stepan, but I think his foot speed has improved greatly over the years. His acceleration has increased dramatically, and lets face it, everybody looks slow when Kreider is moving 100 mph.

Kreider has got incredible wheels, he is faster than Hagelin imo. A guy that big that moves that fast and is strong as he is; forget about it, he is going to be a good player based on skill alone. Thing is his mental game has caught up to his physical game, he is finally making the smart plays and getting in the right places. We watched a guy get his game together from a prospect to a star, not something that we see often as Rangers fans

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
In what world would that Kreider non-goal be waived off if it were Malkin or Crosby making that play? Total embarrassment these refs are.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
that play happened super fast. It's a blown call but I can totally see how they made it. I think the linesman blew an offsides call on Niskanen who did a great job keeping the puck in on one play. We got screwed in the last 2 minutes where the Pens got away with about 4 penalties but we fought through and persevered. Let's get 'em Monday! We don't want to disappoint all those Philly fans who want to see Pittsburgh lose :sarcasm:

I'd rather get them on Tuesday since that's when game 7 happens. ;)

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
I'm a huge Kreider supporter, and love that he's playing with an edge. I think Kreider did brace himself for the contact with MAF and because of that, it almost looked like he was trying to hit him. I think that's why he got 2 min.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kreider is like a freight train. He had a number of games like this in the regular season, then that game against Columbus happened. Not sure that game misconduct screwed with him as much as people say, but he changed since then. If he can bottle this and be consistent he'll be one of the most amazingly unique players in the league. Oh and if we and Montreal somehow advance, I remember him making them his *****. I still wish he used his shot more and improved his accuracy. He uses one move on breakaways and goalie know it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Glad this thread was started. Hope he isn't deterred by tonight's bs call. Keep taking it to the net. This franchise has been starved for a true power forward.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Glad this thread was started. Hope he isn't deterred by tonight's bs call. Keep taking it to the net. This franchise has been starved for a true power forward.

Agreed. If you get those bs goalie interference calls against you, you're probably driving the net hard. I can live with that from Kreider.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I can think of at least 5 Goalie interference calls that have been made against the Rangers where our man has been literally pushed into the goalkeeper.

My personal favorite was the one where Pouliot gets called for interefernce for being tripped by the goaltender in the crease

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I can think of at least 5 Goalie interference calls that have been made against the Rangers where our man has been literally pushed into the goalkeeper.

My personal favorite was the one where Pouliot gets called for interefernce for being tripped by the goaltender in the crease

Or against NJ when Volchenkov pushed Gaborik into Fatso to negate the tying goal in the dying minute.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
If Kreider keeps his elbow down the whole time I don't think it gets called. He brought the elbow up into MAF on the follow through. Tough call.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York

True, but forwards often sell the push and use the excuse to run into the goalie. I don't think that was the case here, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad