USA
How refereeing threads during international competitions invariably go on here:

-Team A loses to Team B
-Team A's delusional fans whine about biased refereeing
-Team B's fans act smug, mock Team A's fans for whining about the refereeing
-Team B loses a later game
-Team B's formerly high-and-mighty fans whine about biased refereeing

Pure rubbish!

Who has ever heard of a Canadian ever whine about the officiating when another team (bunch of spiteful, hateful, jealous, and unsportsmanlike @ssholes) cheated Canada just to win one single, useless game, which isn't indicative of who has a better hockey team anyway?!?!? :madfire:

You are off your chum! :loony:

dude67

Nov 15, 2010
I been start to accept it now its more like a tradition u know when got a royally screwed by (Canadian) refs its like Christmas a tradition come every year and Canadians think ref was great same same every year.

Daryl

Jul 22, 2010
Yes, I know.:) A lot of people said they realized it wasn't an illegal hit from the replay, not during actual gameplay. But the refs were right there, they should have seen it - and who knows, perhaps they even did.

Well,we won't know whether the red did see it as a shoulder to shoulder or not but in the end it was called and you really can't blame the refs for that call. It just seemed like it was during the actual gameplay and he saw his head snap which the ref assumed it was a head side hit. Majority if not all posters who were watching the game,probably thought it was a head hit when it actually happened.

Daryl

Jul 22, 2010
I been start to accept it now its more like a tradition u know when got a royally screwed by (Canadian) refs its like Christmas a tradition come every year and Canadians think ref was great same same every year.

The majority of refs for the WJC aren't even Canadian.

Ribban

May 16, 2005
USA
Well,we won't know whether the red did see it as a shoulder to shoulder or not but in the end it was called and you really can't blame the refs for that call. It just seemed like it was during the actual gameplay and he saw his head snap which the ref assumed it was a head side hit. Majority if not all posters who were watching the game,probably thought it was a head hit when it actually happened.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Right! ... and had the roles been reversed, we would have had 600 posts or more screaming about euro trash refs, penalizing strong Canadian plays, and the Swedes embarrasing themselves, their country, and all the people from there by embellishing and drawing shame over the sport and their famiiles.

But... in this scenario, we really can't blame anyone... You're right. It's quite different! :laugh: You guys are better entertainment than anything I've seen... since last year, about this time! :laugh:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

I said from the get go that there was no way it was a head shot. The hitter was like 5.9 and the hittee (?) like 6.3. He didn't lead with the elbow and he didn't jump, there simply was no way it could've been a head shot.

Regardless, there's no reason dwelling on **** like that, let's just hope the same thing doesn't happen again. It was embarrassing.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
This thread is stupid and juvenile. I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down.

I wasn't at the game but from what I saw, there were a few calls that shouldn't have been penalties and a few that should have been.

You get a totally different perspective when you're at the game, as most people will agree.

My suggestion still stands, you don't like the officiating, don't play.
It's that simple.

This tournament is flawed anyways. Too many teams are missing their better players. Just scrap the whole tournament.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
That didn't go well and I'm not surprised. I'd suggest everyone that reads this refresh themselves on the rules if they want to keep their access to the WJC board during the tournament. Contentious tournament? Yes. But treat each other with some respect. Everyone's working with a short leash when these events roll around so I'd suggest you be on your best behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad