Red Wings World Championships 2017

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Good game for the guys vs. Sweden. Howard was solid, and Larkin one of the better forwards. DK I honestly didn't pay that much attention too, but I can't think of anything special and he played a lot so I guess that's good too.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Czechs came from 3-0 down in the 3rd to win 4-3 in the shootout. Missed the 1st period, but Mrazek barely had a save to make from what I saw

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Larkin has 1/3 of his season assist total in 3 games haha.

Jimmy played really well today, that Hedman shot though - not a goalie in the world.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Larkin is having a good tournament. Even looking a lot sharper at center. Maybe the Wings should try giving him more skilled wingers.

Then again, it might just be the ice surface. Of course Larkin is better with more room to skate.

Larkin looks to be playing a lot more determined hockey, but it also helps to play against weaker players. The play he made the other day holding off the guy on the PP with strength and fighting to create the chance isn't something we have seen a lot in the NHL. Granted the guy trying to blast him off the puck is better at it when he plays here, but that is the kind of play I believe he can make as he gets more strength and stops trying to dive so much.

Glad to see him have a good tournament, nice start to the summer of work he better be putting in. Contract year for Larkin, hopefully he busts his *** all summer.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
...Nielsen was very torn on making the decision and has always wanted to/wants to play for Denmark, however he traveled to Minsk and the Olympic qualifier five days after his son was born and has hardly had any time with his family since then. He said his family, and especially his son, needs to be the priority for him, and he hopes that he’ll be invited again in the future to play for his country.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...nship-jimmy-howard-jeff-blashill-dylan-larkin

Much appreciated. I'm sure he won't miss it next year. Denmark is hosting I believe and they are already erecting statues of him lol.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Czechs came from 3-0 down in the 3rd to win 4-3 in the shootout. Missed the 1st period, but Mrazek barely had a save to make from what I saw

I'm pretty sure Czechs have a worse dfence then we do. So winning is just as good as vezina stats for them in sure :laugh:

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Larkin looks to be playing a lot more determined hockey, but it also helps to play against weaker players. The play he made the other day holding off the guy on the PP with strength and fighting to create the chance isn't something we have seen a lot in the NHL. Granted the guy trying to blast him off the puck is better at it when he plays here, but that is the kind of play I believe he can make as he gets more strength and stops trying to dive so much.

Glad to see him have a good tournament, nice start to the summer of work he better be putting in. Contract year for Larkin, hopefully he busts his *** all summer.

Yep, he's been much better.

After 40 minutes he has 2 assists against Italy. The first one to Nelson while shorthanded was beautiful.

Hope he keeps it up.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Has Howard and DeKeyser looked good? Most of the talk here is about Larkin lol.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks, that's what I figured.

I think It's time Zetterberg is permanently 'put out to pasture' on left wing. Larkin always seems to be more engaged and dangerous as a centre.

I think, and this could just be me, but Z should still stay in the circle. But swap places with Larkin. Larkin plays 1C where as Z should play 2C. Just for one more year.

But its great to hear that DL71 is having success in the middle. It was looking a little rough for a while!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think, and this could just be me, but Z should still stay in the circle. But swap places with Larkin. Larkin plays 1C where as Z should play 2C. Just for one more year.

But its great to hear that DL71 is having success in the middle. It was looking a little rough for a while!

Also like this idea.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I liked the way he finished the year at C.

I like how USA is playing under Blash a lot right now.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
It helps when he has better players as well as players that fit his system.

The kid has been a stud, makes you think whether it's the competition or the players he's around.

This is a reason why I don't mind us drafting a kid like Tippett. Suppose he works out, he may be the kind of player to put on Larkin's wing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The kid has been a stud, makes you think whether it's the competition or the players he's around.

This is a reason why I don't mind us drafting a kid like Tippett. Suppose he works out, he may be the kind of player to put on Larkin's wing.

I thought AA looked great on his wing down the stretch. Those two worked well together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad