Red Wings World Championships 2017

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
We just need Larkin to hang out with all the Michigan guys. We're drafting and signing local guys... how about we aim for the good ones?

That's what we need to do...

Danny D and Larkin grind down Trouba and Connor and Werenski.

You can even drum out Abby and Sheahan. Say, we'll get rid of the Spartan and the Irish if it helps.

Does this mean we are going to go after Ryan Miller? or no...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We just need Larkin to hang out with all the Michigan guys. We're drafting and signing local guys... how about we aim for the good ones?

That's what we need to do...

Danny D and Larkin grind down Trouba and Connor and Werenski.

You can even drum out Abby and Sheahan. Say, we'll get rid of the Spartan and the Irish if it helps.

Well Larkin should make sure to drum out DeKeyser too then.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Which is why I said he "NEEDS TO BECOME" besties with him.

I get it, but he will still be a rfa when his contract is up. We can all dream though. Larkin is great friends with werenski but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I get it, but he will still be a rfa when his contract is up. We can all dream though. Larkin is great friends with werenski but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Maybe you didn't follow the saga, but Werenski isn't a 23 year-old who was a contract hold-out with his NHL team as a 22 year-old because he didn't want to re-sign with them, which he made known publicly. And Werenski didn't proceed to sign a protracted two-year RFA deal last year with his NHL team that would leave him open to the same, albeit strengthened, position as RFA to make his re-signing similarly difficult. And lastly, Werenski and his agent didn't let the rumor mill run rampant about his desire to play in Detroit for months on end.

To be clear, this isn't about Michigan bros; this is about a guy who is a part of Detroit's future reinforcing the pros of being a Red Wing to a guy who has expressed returning to his roots with Detroit. The last thing we need is anyone giving Trouba reason to think twice about joining Detroit.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Maybe you didn't follow the saga, but Werenski isn't a 23 year-old who was a contract hold-out with his NHL team as a 22 year-old because he didn't want to re-sign with them, which he made known publicly. And Werenski didn't proceed to sign a protracted two-year RFA deal last year with his NHL team that would leave him open to the same, albeit strengthened, position as RFA to make his re-signing similarly difficult. And lastly, Werenski and his agent didn't let the rumor mill run rampant about his desire to play in Detroit for months on end.

To be clear, this isn't about Michigan bros; this is about a guy who is a part of Detroit's future reinforcing the pros of being a Red Wing to a guy who has expressed returning to his roots with Detroit. The last thing we need is anyone giving Trouba reason to think twice about joining Detroit.

I followed the trouba saga pretty closely and I've come to the conclusion that you still have to give up a lot to get him. He's not holding out anymore.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017

Where was it said that Trouba wants to come play at home? I don't remember seeing or hearing that.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
DeKeyser 0+1 and +1.

Jimmy 9/10 saves. Splitted ~half with Hellebuyck.

DeKeyser with a late tripping penalty, then Howard gives up a late 3rd period go-ahead goal on that powerplay. With Blash calling the shots from the bench... lmao... Red Wings nation is now making the entire nation feel their pain.

Did anyone not see this coming? Ken Holland is starting to look like a super villain, dashing the hockey dreams of an entire nation with his cast of churched-up dregs. This is too good!

chris05

May 23, 2013
"Red Wings nation is now making the entire nation feel their pain. "

65 and 71 were bad...real bad the entire year. Both had a big part in destroying a quarter century of playoff hockey. They took the WINGS logo to a new low. Both belong in the AHL.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
"Red Wings nation is now making the entire nation feel their pain. "

65 and 71 were bad...real bad the entire year. Both had a big part in destroying a quarter century of playoff hockey. They took the WINGS logo to a new low. Both belong in the AHL.

the entire team (Z excluded) was not great, but you make it sound like they put up 2 points apiece... they are NHL players, put in situations that are over their head. DD is a #3, and a pretty good one, but not a 1st pairing guy, and Larkin is still young and developing. its not like they are freaking drew miller, and brian lashoff..

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
the entire team (Z excluded) was not great, but you make it sound like they put up 2 points apiece... they are NHL players, put in situations that are over their head. DD is a #3, and a pretty good one, but not a 1st pairing guy, and Larkin is still young and developing. its not like they are freaking drew miller, and brian lashoff..

I'd bet that most NHL pro scouts put DeKeyser out of the top 4. Quincey was/is a better player, but he was born 200 miles too far east to qualify for the public relations contract. Quincey was a whipping-boy, but he carried DeKeyser in his time here.

I think Lashoff would have been on par with DeKeyser this year. At least Lashoff can overpower a small number of the opposition.

Larkin is far to young to rip, DeKeyser (according to the metrics) has peaked and should be in his prime. He's lost a step, and that extra step was the only thing going for him. He shouldn't be playing in this tournament, he should be working with Gary Roberts, trying to build an NHL frame.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Dekeyser a good #3? Hell no. A serviceable #4 next to an offensive-minded partnee that can kickstart the offense? Sure!

Green-DDK would be a great middle pairing. It's a shame we didn't have Green when Kronner was still a legit #1...could have made some noise back then as Datsyuk was still a PPG beast.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Just in case no one knows, all the games are live the IIHF 2017 Youtube channel, with short highlights and complete replays after the game

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I followed the trouba saga pretty closely and I've come to the conclusion that you still have to give up a lot to get him. He's not holding out anymore.

*Sigh*

Brotherman, I thought it was obvious with my simple tongue-in-cheek comment that the point would be to further tip the scales in our favor. Yes, Trouba re-signed. Yes, he's RFA again. But he also has more rights this next go-around and there's no reason to think he doesn't push the envelope again with that. That's where the tongue-in-cheek, Larkin-as-bff comment comes from - it has nothing to do with trading for him. The whole point is NOT to trade for him - it's simply to further augment Detroit as his heart's desire so that he can create for himself the most contractually feasible route to get here.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Anybody know why Nielsen isn't playing?

...Nielsen was very torn on making the decision and has always wanted to/wants to play for Denmark, however he traveled to Minsk and the Olympic qualifier five days after his son was born and has hardly had any time with his family since then. He said his family, and especially his son, needs to be the priority for him, and he hopes that he’ll be invited again in the future to play for his country.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...nship-jimmy-howard-jeff-blashill-dylan-larkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad