Red Wings World Championships 2017

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
- Zetterberg and Kronwall will not be attending
- Dylan Larkin is joining Team USA
- Tomas Tatar needs surgery I believe so I doubt he joins
- Anthony Mantha has said he'd be ready from his injury if asked
- I'd also look at Gus Nyquist joining Team Sweden, Petr Mrazek to the Czech Republic, and I'm curious if Nick Jensen would get an invite from Team USA.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
- Zetterberg and Kronwall will not be attending
- Dylan Larkin is joining Team USA
- Tomas Tatar needs surgery I believe so I doubt he joins
- Anthony Mantha has said he'd be ready from his injury if asked
- I'd also look at Gus Nyquist joining Team Sweden, Petr Mrazek to the Czech Republic, and I'm curious if Nick Jensen would get an invite from Team USA.

Dekeyer?
Green?
AA?
Sheahan?
XO?

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Dekeyer?
Green?
AA?
Sheahan?
XO?

I figured AA would sit out with the back issues. Green generally doesn't go to these, no?
Sheahan I doubt gets asked and I think there's others over XO right now. Canada's teams have actually been stacked the last couple of years.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Isn't France a team. Couldn't ouellet play for them?

Not after representing Canada at World Juniors. He needs to play four years of domestic hockey in France to switch allegiance.

I'm thinking Nyquist should go for Sweden, but this could be a good year to take a long summer.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I hope for Nyquist, he actually have looked good at tge season end, he have some hockey in him left. A too long summer will make him fat.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
Could not be any less interested. It's the loser consolation prize. Like the NIT of hockey. It's totally meaningless from a career standpoint for coaches and players and nobody cares who plays well or doesn't or who wins or loses. The only thing that can come out of it that will have any impact is an injury.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
Gus says he's been playing injured for a while and will not be attending.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So everyone's numbers will regress?

Actually besides defenders (blashills weakness at developing) nobody had real bad numbers. Larkin and sheahan had bad years but you could chalk that up to unlucky and sophomore season. Abdelkader is not good everybody knew this. And Nielsen is just a 2nd liner. If blashill could develop dman well everybody probably has 5-10 points more. Or you know if holland could actually get some

I'd still fire him for a Stanley cup/contender type coach

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Actually besides defenders (blashills weakness at developing) nobody had real bad numbers. Larkin and sheahan had bad years but you could chalk that up to unlucky and sophomore season. Abdelkader is not good everybody knew this. And Nielsen is just a 2nd liner. If blashill could develop dman well everybody probably has 5-10 points more. Or you know if holland could actually get some

I'd still fire him for a Stanley cup/contender type coach

The numbers across the board looked really bad when we were trying to stay in the playoff picture. Doesn't really seem like the ship righted itself until we were all but eliminated from the playoffs. I'd be interested to see what the pp/g looked like for the guys in the last 20 games or so.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015

DDK will play for Team USA as well.

Blashill indicated Larkin will play center, where he finished this season and the position the where the team hopes he can become a fixture next season.

"We've got a good number of guys that are capable of playing center; you got to look at which guys are your best centers, but you also got to look at which guys have the ability to play the wing," Blashill said. "My plan right now is to play Dylan at center, but as we get over there and see how other guys do on the wall, we may have to make adjustments as we go through the tournament."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index..._will_have_big_influe.html#incart_river_index

USA lines from Julie Robenhymer

Murphy-DeKeyser
Trouba-Hanifin
TVR-Brickley

Lee-Eichel-Gaudreau
Bjugstad-Larkin-Nelson
Compher-Copp-Greenway
Dvorak-Schmaltz-Keller/Bjork

PP looks a lot like Larkin, Eichel, Gaudreau, Lee & Hanifin with some Schmaltz, Greenway & Bjork mixed in

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hoping Larkin can have a good tournament. This is an opportunity for him to build some confidence heading into the offseason.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hoping Larkin can have a good tournament. This is an opportunity for him to build some confidence heading into the offseason.

I'd honestly rather have him spend some extra time in the gym and focusing on getting stronger, but oh well.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He's more likely to hangout with compher

We just need Larkin to hang out with all the Michigan guys. We're drafting and signing local guys... how about we aim for the good ones?

That's what we need to do...

Danny D and Larkin grind down Trouba and Connor and Werenski.

You can even drum out Abby and Sheahan. Say, we'll get rid of the Spartan and the Irish if it helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad