Speculation: Red Wings willing to trade No. 6 pick in NHL Draft: report

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The problem is there's still some delusional people who think Detroit's gonna have a hard time signing Larkin/Mantha/AA with almost $30M in cap space...
That's funny because they only have 17 million dollars in cap space...

But I agree with you.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

But I agree with you.

17 million + Franzen’s 4 Million on LTIR + whatever the cap goes up by. There won’t be any issues getting the RFAs signed. The RFAs likely won’t even add up to 15 million

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
17 million + Franzen’s 4 Million on LTIR + whatever the cap goes up by. There won’t be any issues getting the RFAs signed. The RFAs likely won’t even add up to 15 million
That's still not nearly 30 million unless the cap goes up 5 or 7 million, which I wouldn't bet on

Reactions: Tatar Shots

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
That's still not nearly 30 million unless the cap goes up 5 or 7 million, which I wouldn't bet on

I know. Was just adding some more info. It won’t be anywhere close to 30 million in space, but they won’t need to move anyone to accommodate new contracts.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

But I agree with you.

$57M with Franzen's deal on the books. Remove that and add $5M to the cap and you're looking at $27M.

Worth adding, it's by no means a rumor but I wouldn't be surprised if Nyquist goes at the draft.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Montreal has 2 picks in the 30s. We probably could get a mid-first for Pacioretty. Is that enough??
It’s probably accurate value wise, however, we already have 3 early 30s picks. Our prospect pool lacks elite top end talent so I don’t see us trading back too far unless it was completely lopsided.

Reactions: Spooky Actions

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Do they take the 12th from the isles and the flames second?

Ok bigger deal

To isles
6th overall
Frans Nielsen

To wings
Both seconds
Nelson

Who adds?
:laugh: So Detroit gives up Nielsen plus the #6 pick for 2 2nds and Nelson You've got to be kidding us. This is terrible for DET and not remotely in the ballpark. Detroit wants to stay in the top 10 it's not hard to figure that out. So the Isles wont work.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
:laugh: So Detroit gives up Nielsen plus the #6 pick for 2 2nds and Nelson You've got to be kidding us. This is terrible for DET and not remotely in the ballpark. Detroit wants to stay in the top 10 it's not hard to figure that out. So the Isles wont work.
Then stop acting like the red wings are trying to trade down

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
"Late seconds"

Late compared to 33 and 36 Detroit already owns...and super late compared to #6. I don't care about the Nelson/Nielsen aspect in this trade; it seems like a wash to me. The value that Nielsen has as a veteran center capable of playing a match-up role significantly outweighs any savings between his deal and whatever moderate raise Nelson gets on his new deal. Nelson is a fine player, but he doesn't have a clear position with the Wings as they try to bring in the younger prospects to fill the middle 6 winger spots. With that in mind, it becomes a matter of is 6 valued the same as 41 and 43? And that answer is pretty obvious.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Late compared to 33 and 36 Detroit already owns...and super late compared to #6. I don't care about the Nelson/Nielsen aspect in this trade; it seems like a wash to me. The value that Nielsen has as a veteran center capable of playing a match-up role significantly outweighs any savings between his deal and whatever moderate raise Nelson gets on his new deal. Nelson is a fine player, but he doesn't have a clear position with the Wings as they try to bring in the younger prospects to fill the middle 6 winger spots. With that in mind, it becomes a matter of is 6 valued the same as 41 and 43? And that answer is pretty obvious.
Nelson is also a center

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Nelson is also a center

My mistake. Even considering him as a center, I don't see him playing the role that Nielsen is able to for the organization. A veteran presence to help bring along young players (ie. Rasmussen next year), the ability to play up and down the lineup; in an offensive capacity or a defensive matchup capacity, centering a PK unit, ability to play on the PP. His contract will eventually look really bad, but it doesn't right now, and he has value that I don't see Nelson being able to provide, despite the reduced pay rate. I think estimating Nelson at $4M is reasonable, so is saving $1.25M (when we don't need cap space) to get a player who is likely a better player, but less of a need/fit AND lose #6 for two mid-second round picks? Hard to believe you will find anyone who will sign off on that as being a fair value trade.

teemussalami

Mar 10, 2016
Detroit should trade with either Chicago or New York if they want to move down. Drop to either 8 or 9, ask for 26, 27, or 28th as well, and to sweeten the pot a bit Detroit should offer their 67th to start but would most likely end up at the 36th pick.

Det/Chicago - Det gets 8th and 27th. Chicago gets 6th and 36.
Det/New York - Det gets 9th and 26th. Rangers get 6th and 36th.

Detroit gets 3 first round picks and it would truly only cost them a 2nd to do so in this case. I would bet that they are interested in a few guys and one of them has to be available at 8th or 9th.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Detroit should trade with either Chicago or New York if they want to move down. Drop to either 8 or 9, ask for 26, 27, or 28th as well, and to sweeten the pot a bit Detroit should offer their 67th to start but would most likely end up at the 36th pick.

Det/Chicago - Det gets 8th and 27th. Chicago gets 6th and 36.
Det/New York - Det gets 9th and 26th. Rangers get 6th and 36th.

Detroit gets 3 first round picks and it would truly only cost them a 2nd to do so in this case. I would bet that they are interested in a few guys and one of them has to be available at 8th or 9th.
This would be good value imo, but it depends if Hughes/Dobson/Bouchard are still available at 8th or 9th. It also depends if CHI or NYR wants to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad