Claimed off Waivers: Red Wings waive Alexey Marchenko - Claimed by TOR

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
hunwick would clear waivers, i doubt he has any trade value.

I'd package him with a 3rd for future considerations if it meant he'd be off the team. More likely Corrado get the boot for a cond 7th, but a man can have his dreams :D

Nvm; Corrado on waivers. If someone picks him up I'd be kinda surprised.

Last edited:

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Kronwall, Dekeyser or Green all have value in certain roles. All of them are decent Dmen. That's just an irrational comment being sensitive about someone poo-pooing on the Leafs :laugh:

Kornwall hasn't been a decent dman in YEARS.

Dekeyser has already peaked and is gonna get PAID like a king for years because our GM is incompetent.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Kornwall hasn't been a decent dman in YEARS.

Dekeyser has already peaked and is gonna get PAID like a king for years because our GM is incompetent.

He's paid 5 mill.
That contract isn't crazy for a top 4 guy, and even though he's struggling this season he's still a top 4 d man. He's paid market value for what he brings.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Kinda wanted the Devils to claim Marchenko but would probably prefer Corrado so let's do that instead..

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
hunwick would clear waivers, i doubt he has any trade value.

Hunwick (and Polak for that matter) both have value to contending teams. They can eat up minutes and play PK on a good defensive team (i.e. contenders).

If they were properly insulated, they have value. They get exposed with the Leafs not having a strong d-core at the moment.

Ideally you don't want them paired together which has been the case for a good chunk of this season.

You won't see either of them waived. Most likely 1 if not both get traded for mid level picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad