Claimed off Waivers: Red Wings waive Alexey Marchenko - Claimed by TOR

njx9

Feb 1, 2016

Ribeiro is the bigger name on waivers, but I feel like Marchenko is more likely to get claimed. Unless he's been REALLY bad this year and I missed it?!

He was pretty bad for a while, early on. But given how crappy the rest of our players have been under Blashill, that wouldn't deter me if I were a GM in need of a bottom pairing D.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I wonder if Marchenko is falling out of favor with the Wings organization. Seems kind of strange to put a young RHD on waivers for Smith who's probably going to be trade bait in a few weeks or so any ways.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I've wanted him on the Rangers but there is zero chance he makes it.

Avalanche or Coyotes will scoop him up I bet

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He's signed through to 2018. Someone should grab him for the expansion draft.

Or does he have enough games?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
His problem is, there's no upside to his game. He does win battles and moves the puck pretty well. His O is never going to be there though. Own blueline out, he does nothing.

As bad a season as they are having, this will be the third guy they lose on waivers. So I guess the Wings will win one award this year. He's a good 6/7 but Jensen has been good and his upside is much better.

Should be claimed.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
He's probably tied with about 8 guys for worst defenseman on the Wings.

Well the Red Wings are a trash team so that statement really doesn't mean too much. Look at Justin Schultz, many said he was not an NHL caliber guy. You put him with a club that knows how to play hockey and he thrives.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Lou: Hey Mike. There is a defenseman on the waiver-wire.
Babs: Oh yeh?
Lou:Yep. Think he's a fit?
Babs: Let's see...RHD AND a former Wing?!
Lou:Yep
Babs *salivating* Just do it already....
Lou: K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad