Post-Game Talk: Red Wings vs SENS, 7:00 pm (City TV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I can’t imagine paying good money to bring the family to see that mess on ice. Home town crowd doesn’t even get to cheer for one goal.
Saturday night in Ottawa. Le sigh.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
So Melnyk gave up the farm (and the 1st this year) for Duchene because he felt we would contend again?

The farm?

The only two bad things about that trade is the fact that our first is going to be high, and the fact that we won't re-sign Duchene. Both of which are Melnyk's fault. If that 1st ends up outside of the top 10, and we re-sign Duchene, it's a slam dunk win. Are you one of those pro-Melnyk bots? Trying to deflect blame away from him?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The farm?

The only two bad things about that trade is the fact that our first is going to be high, and the fact that we won't re-sign Duchene. Both of which are Melnyk's fault. If that 1st ends up outside of the top 10, and we re-sign Duchene, it's a slam dunk win. Are you one of those pro-Melnyk bots? Trying to deflect blame away from him?

Turris , 1st, Bowers (2017 1st) , 3rd, Hammond ... aka the farm

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
The farm?

Hahaha holy the delusion in this message is astounding.

"The only two bad things are really really bad, but just imagine if they didn't happen, eh, eh, eh!?"

Reactions: inthewings and Deku

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Hahaha holy the delusion in this message is astounding.

"The only two bad things are really really bad, but just imagine if they didn't happen, eh, eh, eh!?"

Stop deflecting blame away from Melnyk.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
How so? Dorion did great at the last deadline. We walked away with a 1st, 2nd, two 3rds and Gustavsson for a guy who is a salary dump this season.
Yeah what about everything else though lmao

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Stop deflecting blame away from Melnyk.

I get that you like to be positive, but it's okay to put blame on management with the way things have played out. Dorion has been a disaster, Melnyk is not helping at all, but there's blame to go around there. What's going on with this team is completely unacceptable.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah what about everything else though lmao

Like that time we got a 2nd round pick (Formenton) for a guy who ended up on waivers a year later (Lazar)? Or that time we got a 6th for a guy who ended up on waivers a few weeks later (Wideman).

Most of Dorion's trades are quite good. The few bad ones are obviously due to Melnyk's meddling.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I get that you like to be positive, but it's okay to put blame on management with the way things have played out. Dorion has been a disaster, Melnyk is not helping at all, but there's blame to go around there. What's going on with this team is completely unacceptable.

I agree with that. I'm just saying 95% of the blame goes on Melnyk. It starts at the top.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Like that time we got a 2nd round pick (Formenton) for a guy who ended up on waivers a year later (Lazar)? Or that time we got a 6th for a guy who ended up on waivers a few weeks later (Wideman).

Most of Dorion's trades are quite good. The few bad ones are obviously due to Melnyk's meddling.

Those are very minor moves. The large ones have backfired big time.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Those are very minor moves. The large ones have backfired big time.

...due to Melnyk

It's in the minor moves that you can see that Dorion is quite a good GM. Because they are minor enough that Melnyk is a non-factor.

Besides.... moving Brassard was a pretty significant move, and we got a fantastic return.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Okay what about everything else

Reactions: Senscore

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
...due to Melnyk

It's in the minor moves that you can see that Dorion is quite a good GM. Because they are minor enough that Melnyk is a non-factor.

Besides.... moving Brassard was a pretty significant move, and we got a fantastic return.

I don't see how Melnyk was involved in the Duchene deal, or the Hoffman deal, or the other big deals. The Brassard trade was not a "fantastic" by any stretch of imagination. It hinges on Gustavsson, so right now I have it in the "undecided" category.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
...due to Melnyk

For example trading for and extending Burrows; Later buying him out... I thought he really showed his GM skills acquiring Wingels and then letting him go so he could sign Thompson and later acquire Dumont

Reactions: robsenz and Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad