Red Wings to introduce Yzerman as new GM

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
A year or two especially if they can draft one of these centres in '22 - Wright, Savoie, Geekie, Cooley...its not surprising their hole is at centre and '22 is full of awesome centres. Yzerman lining this up rather well.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
It's tough because there are teams worse than Detroit on paper now
its totally possible for detroit to be in the 20-24 range at the end of the season. especially if raymond and seider just keep getting better, i think the wings will be better than people realize, they are already kind of showing that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
its totally possible for detroit to be in the 20-24 range at the end of the season. especially if raymond and seider just keep getting better, i think the wings will be better than people realize, they are already kind of showing that.

Meh, I appreciate the optimism but I suspect we are still a bottom 10 team over the long haul of the season.

The gains are important for the future though. We are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Meh, I appreciate the optimism but I suspect we are still a bottom 10 team over the long haul of the season.

The gains are important for the future though. We are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

If the Wings had picked up a legit top-six center in the off-season they'd be a lock for the playoffs. If Raymond looks good for the entire season and the Wings aren't in position to get the 1OA I could see Yzerman trading one of his scoring wings and a first to try and get a top-6 C or move up in the draft.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink

i would love if they were bad enough to get a shot at wright but i just don't see it because one it is hard to be that bad and we don't get lucky.

really looking at the standings and comparing i don't see many teams i like less than the wings, mostly the big three (buffalo, arizona, and columbus). so you may be right just looking and comparing teams they could be bottom 5 and could be 9-10 but that all seems to be splitting hairs. either way we have a fun team to watch with young guys on the roster and boy do they look like they will be a miserable bunch to play against.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What kind of top-6 center? Connor McDavid?

What top-6 center makes them a lock in a division with Tampa, Florida, Toronto, and Boston?

I think with what the wings are building on defense and on the wing, they would be a playoff team with one more center of Larkins quality. Not next season but in 3 or 4 years I think Detroit looks scary with a guy of Larkins calibre to help him out. This year if they cant get Wright, I would be ecstatic with Geekie.

Reactions: jfrank21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad