Red Wings that are playing in the WJC

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I'd gladly keep Ouellet over Harrington. How many good junior defensive defensemen translate their game to the NHL? Guys like M.Staal, Phillips, Stuart, Hannan, Regehr, Seabrook, Hamhuis, Girardi all put up relatively big points in juniors. Whose career path could you best project Harrington's too?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Harrington has that mean streak that Ouellet misses.
How so? Harrington might be the bigger hitter, but Ouellet is the fighter of the two.

Harrington plays very, very tough minutes on London and doesn't get that much pp time, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm pretty sure Ouellet is Mr. Everything for the Armada. #1 pairing ES, #1 PP, #1 PK, Captain. It doesn't get much tougher than that, and what's more is the Armada are one of the best teams in the Q. They're doing well with him leading them.

What's interesting is they have been just brutal without him. 2-5-1-2 in the last 10. Ouellet has missed the last 11 games including the WJCs (last game played was 11/25/12). Yet even after that slide, they're still third in the Q and leading their division.

By comparison, London is 7-0-1 in the time Harrington has been gone. They're a dominating first place team and while Harrington is a good player, he isn't the go-to guy on that team.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
How so? Harrington might be the bigger hitter, but Ouellet is the fighter of the two.

What I meant. Iirc, Ouellet doesn't fight that much.. well he can't because it would hurt the team.

I'm pretty sure Ouellet is Mr. Everything for the Armada. #1 pairing ES, #1 PP, #1 PK, Captain. It doesn't get much tougher than that, and what's more is the Armada are one of the best teams in the Q. They're doing well with him leading them.

What's interesting is they have been just brutal without him. 2-5-1-2 in the last 10. Ouellet has missed the last 11 games including the WJCs (last game played was 11/25/12). Yet even after that slide, they're still third in the Q and leading their division.

By comparison, London is 7-0-1 in the time Harrington has been gone. They're a dominating first place team and while Harrington is a good player, he isn't the go-to guy on that team.

Ouellet is obviously more important to his team. But Harrington isn't given much of a chance to put up points, which was my point. OHL is more balanced league too imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad